A Waltz To Remember

In the wintry duchy of Lythikos, Lauren and Normani are getting ready together for the ball.

In the dressing room of Normani's suite, Normani springs out from behind the curtain wearing a silver, shimmering dress.

"How do I look?" Normani asks.

"Wow, Normani... You're going to set the ballroom on fire," Lauren says.

"Hopefully not for real," Normani says.

"Wouldn't want that now would we?" Lauren laughs.

Norman laughs and says, "Come on, let's pick your dress so we're not late to the ball."

"One eye-popping dress coming right up," Lauren says. What would royalty wear to a ball like this?... Lauren thought. She picks out a dress and changes into it behind the curtain before stepping back out.

"Wow," Normani gapes.

"I take it you're impressed," Lauren says.

"That's one word for it. Should we be off?" Normani speaks.

"After you, Lady Normani," Lauren says.

~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the chateau's ballroom, Lauren spots Dinah across the room.

Dinah curtsies to Lauren and Normani. "Ladies... It's a pleasure to see you both tonight. And Lady Jauregui, I must say, you look utterly becoming. Truly, a diamond of the first water," Dinah speaks.

"That's... Unusually former of you. What gives?" Lauren says shocked.

"Tonight I am representing the Duchy of Ramsford at this important social event," Dinah says.

"That sounds like something Victoria will say," Lauren says.

"She's been calling me all night to remind me," Dinah says.

"You've got to be on your best behavior or else Victoria will get on your case?" Lauren asks.

"Pretty much," Dinah frowns.

"Ooh, Ariana hired a full orchestra to play tonight," Normani speaks.

"I've heard you're quite the musician yourself, Normani," Dinah says.

"Oh no. I'm not," Normani says.

"Really? I feel like I remember hearing that you were a virtuoso pianist," Dinah says shocked.

"I still play from time to time but only for fun," Normani says.

"I'd like to hear you some time," Lauren says.

"I found a piano in the parlor here. I was considering sneaking over there to play tonight... But for now, we should be getting to our seats," Normani says.

Lauren glances around the room, noting the fancy name cards at each place setting.

"Where are we sitting?" Lauren asks.

"About that. Turns out I'm sitting at the head table with Ariana and the Princess. But you two are at the farthest table in the back. I guess Ariana put together the seating plan," Dinah says.

"Ariana's making me sit in the back? This is an outrage. I am a suitor and I demand to be seated with the Princess," Lauren says.

"Well, unfortunately, seating charts are for the hostess to make. I don't think Ariana wants any competition tonight. None of the other suitors are at the head table. Sorry to leave you guys but..." Dinah trails off.

"Don't worry about us, Dinah. Lauren and I will make the best of it," Normani says.

As Dinah goes to the head table, Lauren and Normani find their way to the back and spot a familiar face.