To Be A Princess

It's the night of the Coronation Ball as the ball begins, Lauren waits in line with the other suitors as Princess Camila receives her gifts.

"Thank you, Lady Hailee, for this... Gem-encrusted poodle figurine," Camila says.

"I have the other matching lady poodle. So now you can always think of me when you look at it," Hailee says.

"I'm sure I could think of no one else," Camila smiles.

Farther back in line, Lauren, and Normani wait for their turn.

"Hailee and her poodles," Lauren says.

"Well, it's hard to know what one should get for a Crown Princess. I had to talk my parents out of sending a full-grown bull elephant as our family's Coronation gift. I thought that would be far too awkward to bring into the palace," Normani says.

"Well," Lauren smiles.

"How are you doing? Do you feel ready?" Normani asks.

"I'm ready to get engaged with the Princess," Lauren says.

"If anyone has the greatest claim on Princess Camila's heart, it's you, Lauren," Normani says.

As Hailee moves forward, Niall greets the Princess with a bow.

"Princess Camila, congratulations on this most momentous day," Niall says.

"Thank you, Lord Niall," Camila says.

"Please, accept this small and humble token of my house's admiration," Niall says. He hands Camila a small velvet box.

Camila opens it. "Diamond earrings. An elegant and sophisticated gift befitting your house," Camila says.

"I hope you wear them in good health," Niall says.

"You're too generous, Lord Niall," Camila says.

"Nonsense, Camila. You deserve all this and more. Much more," Niall says.

"As always, Lord Niall, you're far too kind," Camila says.

Behind Lauren in line, Ariana walks up, bringing her lips to Lauren's ear. She whispers, "I know it was you."

"What?" Lauren furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"That stupid note. I'm sure you were behind it. But don't think I can be intimidated so easily," Ariana says.

"Ariana, I never sent anything," Lauren says.

"Play dumb all you want. It won't help you win," Ariana says.

"Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about," Lauren says.

"Lauren, I... I... I believe you," Ariana frowns.

"What's going on? You can tell me," Lauren says.

"Just forget about it. I can handle it on my own," Ariana says.

She steps in front of Lauren just as Niall bows and moves forward.

With one last look over her shoulder, Ariana approaches the Princess. "Princess Camila! How lovely to see you here," Ariana smiles.

She steps a little closer and kisses Camila's cheek as the brunette returns it.

"Lady Ariana, it's always a pleasure," Camila says.

"I hope you enjoy the gift I've selected for your Coronation," Ariana steps back from the Princess. She hands Camila an ornate golden box.

The Princess opens the lid. "A cactus? Ariana..." Camila trails off.

"You probably don't remember but a long time ago when we were children, someone teased me and said I was as prickly as a cactus. And you said that you loved cactuses because they were tough and no one messed with them," Ariana says.