Lady In Waiting

Early in the evening, Lauren's plane touches down on the tarmac.

"It's such a short flight back to the palace," Lauren says.

"Much faster than traveling by limo, that's certain. And every second counts today," Tori speaks.

"I can't believe the Coronation Ball is tonight!" Dinah says.

"I can. Everything we've worked for this season has led up to this," Tori says.

"I'm going to crush it," Lauren says.

"The other ladies and gentlemen won't know what hit them," Dinah says.

"And then I'll be the future queen," Lauren says.

"Lady Lauren..." Tori trails off.

"I know, don't mess up," Lauren frowns.

"That's not what I was going to say. Lady Lauren, I... Have faith in you," Tori says.

"What? Oh! Thank-"

"But there's still ample time for you to disappoint me," Tori interrupts Lauren.

"That's more like what I was expecting," Lauren says.

A few minutes later, the aircraft taxis to its gate, and they walk the tarmac towards the airport.

"Now, I trust that you're ready for the Coronation? Have you prepared your gift for the Princess?" Tori questioned Lauren.

"Gift?" Lauren asks confused.

"Dinah!" Tori's face hardens.

"Oh, right! The Coronation gift! Sorry, Lauren," Dinah says.

"Every guest traditionally presents the Crown Prince or in this case the Crown Princess with a gift befitting her station," Tori explains.

"Don't worry! I'm sure Lauren and I can throw something together real quick," Dinah says.

"Some houses spend months cultivating rare flowers or crafting elaborate culinary delicacies," Tori's face hardens.

"So we should be fine?" Lauren frowns.

Tori gives Lauren a glare making the green-eyed girl frown even more.

"Lauren, how are you at poetry? Maybe you could present her with a poem in one of those fancy envelope thingies! Now, what rhymes with Camila?" Dinah speaks.

Inside the airport concourse, they walk by a gift shop.

"Look! That shop over there has trinkets from around the world. Maybe there's something here that would work," Dinah says.

"Really? The airport gift shop?" Tori says angrily.

"Couldn't hurt to take a look," Lauren says. She searches a rack of keychains and sees the Statue of Liberty as she turns over the little statue in her hands.

"I think I'm onto something here. 'With teeth so straight and white, her smile was ever bright'. Oh, what'd you find, Lauren?" Dinah walks over to Lauren.

"I think this could make a good gift for Camila," Lauren says.

"Oh yeah! When we went to New York, she kept talking about the Statue of Liberty," Dinah says.

"It's a gift shop trinket. You think that will impress a Crown Princess?" Tori speaks angrily.

"Well... We were making progress on that poem. What do you think, Lauren?" Dinah looks at the green-eyed girl.