As Sweet As Apple Pie

It's the second day of the Apple Blossom Festival and as Lauren leaves the manor, Tori finds her.

"Lauren, there you are. I'm here to prepare you for today's events at the Apple Blossom Festival," Tori speaks.

"Way ahead of you. I ate an apple tart for breakfast with apple cider and whipped apple butter so I think I'm about as ready as I can be," Lauren says.

"I don't care about your food consumption. I care about how you're going to appear today. And you should care too. The best-dressed lady or gentlemen will be crowned the Apple Queen or King," Tori says firmly.

"What's that?" Lauren asks.

"It's an amusing tradition where the festival-goers vote on who will run the Apple Court. You'd get extra publicity, the favor of the actual Queen, and the ability to boss people around for an hour," Tori explains.

"Interesting. The best dressed, huh? Something tells me you've got an outfit in mind?" Lauren questions.

Tori quickly leads Lauren back inside the manor to change clothes.

"There's no time to lose. Through a series of promises and threats, I was able to procure a historically accurate rendition of a Cordonian peasant's best gown from the country's most prestigious stage production company, available on consignment. With this dress, you'll be sure to win the title of Apple Queen!" Tori says.

Lauren takes the outfit and changes behind the curtain before stepping back out. "How's this? Are you sure it's not... Too silly?" Lauren questions.

"It's perfect. You can thank me later. Come, we're overdue to meet Dinah," Tori says.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Lauren and Tori reach the apple orchard, they spot Dinah.

"Hey, Lauren, ready to show off your baking skills?" Dinah speaks.

"I am an undiscovered prodigy. I always cooked for my friends back home and they loved it! But why would my baking skills matter out here in the orchard?" Lauren speaks.

"Because the next event of the Apple Blossom Festival involves baking an apple pie for the Queen," Dinah says.

"For the Queen?" Lauren's eyebrows shoot up.

"Yes, today is all about gaining the Queen's favor... As we draw closer to the Coronation, she'll be testing all the potential candidates. Be careful what you say around her," Tori explains.

"It'd also help if you won the pie-baking contest," Dinah says.

"Roger that," Lauren says.

"But you won't be baking alone. It's a team event so you can rely on the other ladies and gentlemen if you need to. Some of them are amazing bakers," Dinah says.

"I'm sure Normani could whip up an apple pie even if she was blindfolded," Lauren says.

"Maybe you can get on her team," Dinah says.

Dinah directs Lauren to where the ladies and gentlemen gather for the royal bake-off.

"Make House Hansen proud," Tori says.

Dinah and Tori walk off, leaving Lauren with the ladies and gentlemen and moments later, Queen Sinuhe enters.

"Greeting ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to see everyone here again. We will soon be dividing into two teams to partake in the apple pie baking contest. I've decided that Ariana will captain one team and Niall the other. Lady and gentleman, please select your teams," Queen Sinuhe says.