Chapter 15 - ❤️

~ Lily ~

"Lily... Hello? Lily!!" Andrea shouts, causing me to blink and focus my attention on her. I look around the table and notice that Sebastian and Lee are also watching me.

Sitting up straight in my chair, I respond to her, "I was lost in my thoughts. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head and points to my tray. "I just wanted to know if you were gonna eat that."

I look down and see that she's pointing to the fruit topped with whipped cream. Grabbing it, I slide it over to her and say, "No, you can have it."

She excitedly grabs it and begins eating while Lee speaks up and asks, "So when do you all think Ms. Johnson will be back?"

A few weeks have passed now. Ms. Johnson hasn't been at school. Our principal told us that she had a personal emergency and he didn't know when exactly she'd be back. We've been having different substitute teachers for her class. He also told us that our trip to Greece had to be put on hold since Ms. Johnson has been unavailable.

"Don't know, don't care." Andrea answers after swallowing the fruit. "I'm just happy I don't have to do homework or any work in class."

Lee makes a face while looking over at her and says, "You never do homework or classwork anyways."

"Yeah, but at least now I'm not expected to do it." She tells him as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.

"The principal said she had a personal emergency. I hope she's doing okay." Bash speaks up in a concerned tone. He's as caring as ever. Always worrying about other people despite the life we live.

Speaking of... I've been spending all of my free time putting my little plan together. Now all I have to do is go over it with Bash and Lucky.

"Actually, I just noticed that Dominic and his friend haven't been to school in weeks either." Lee mumbles with furrowed brows.

Andrea looks around the cafeteria for a few seconds before turning to me, "Yeah, Lee's right. Aren't you both friends now or something? Have you heard from him?"

I scoff and shake my head, "I wouldn't say we're friends but no, I haven't heard from him."

The last time I spoke to Dominic was when he messaged me to go over to his house and I told him no. That was a few weeks ago. He's never been to school since and he's never messaged or called me. It's like he just disappeared.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him constantly annoying me because I do... just a little bit. The rest of me is glad that I haven't heard from him. Glad that he isn't around to try and break down the walls I've spent years building.

The school bell rings and Sebastian blows out a sigh, "We should get to our next class."

After tossing our leftover lunch away, Andrea and Lee walk away together while Sebastian and I both head to gym class. We quickly change our clothes and as I'm walking over to the bleachers, I catch sight of someone familiar from the corner of my eye.

Standing on the opposite side of the gym next to a group of boys is Hunter's sister, Mia. Also known as the girl who follows Dominic around like a lost puppy... an annoying lost puppy.