Chapter 17 - ❤️

~ Lily ~

Mark pulls the car over in front of the warehouse before shutting the engine off. As I get out of the car, I notice that Lucky's car is already here along with Sebastian's.

I head into the warehouse with Mark following close behind me. Ignoring the men and women surrounding me who are working, I keep walking until I make it to an empty room in the back of the warehouse.

I push the door open while Mark stands guard outside. As soon as it shuts, the other four people in the room turn to me.

"It's been a long time, Lily. How have you been?" A voice that I haven't heard since I was a child speaks up.

My eyes dart around the room until they land on him. He's standing in the corner of the room in jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. The corner of his eyes crinkles a bit as he smiles at me.

"Kole." I greet him back, not really knowing what else to say. After all, I think the last time I saw him was when I was seven.

He walks up to me and lets out a sigh before speaking in a tone that only I could hear, "I heard about what happened to your mom. I'm s-"

"Don't." I cut him off. This isn't something that I want to talk about. Not right now or any other time. "It was a long time ago."

Kole presses his lips together and nods his head towards the other three people in the room, "Should we start then?"

I take one last glance at him before walking up to the table that they're surrounding. Sebastian looks between me and Kole silently. Lucky gives me the smallest hint of a smile before it disappears and Jim, my prisoner, keeps his head down for fear of being tortured again.

Dr. Greene did a good job of putting him back together again. I should give her a raise the next time I see her.

"I really hope you aren't lying to me about this villa, Jim. I would hate to send your wife and daughter your tortured corpse." I eye him as I speak, watching as he trembles slightly and raises his head.

"I'm not lying to you. I just want to be with my family again. I would never do anything to put them in harm's way." He responds, a genuine look of sadness flashes across his face.

Ignoring his comment, I tap the table with my finger and exhale a breath, "Let's begin."

Sebastian places his hands flat on the table and looks between all of us as he speaks, "Kole and I will leave in a few hours for the Dominican Republic. Once we get there, Kole will stay in a van parked a few miles away so that they don't see him and get suspicious. I'll pull up in my own car."

"What will Kole be doing while you're in the villa alone?" Lucky asks him with concern etched on his face.

"I'm giving this necklace to Sebastian." Kole answers Lucky as he pulls out a silver necklace from his pocket. "It has both a camera and a mic so that I could see and hear everything he does while he's in there."

I grab the necklace from his hand and look it over with furrowed brows, "What if they notice?"

"That's impossible. I've been working on this for years and I created it so that no one will be able to detect the mic or see the camera. To everyone who doesn't know, it's just a piece of jewelry in their eyes." Kole responds, looking proud of his work.