🕸 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟱 - 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 🕸

🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸

🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸

Late in the evening Veronica came inside Pop's and saw her mother working there

Veronica: "You're doing great, Mom, better than me this week."

Hermione: "Yeah, we're surviving, Ronnie, by our wits, because that's what we Lodge women do. If your dad could see us now...."

Veronica: "...he'd say you look stunning in that new uniform."

Hermione: "Hey, mi hija, how are things with Peter? You never told me what happened during the dance."

Veronica: "Well...I screwed up, and now we're not together anymore."

Hermione: "Ohh Veronica, I'm so sorry..."

Veronica: "The good news is that he didn't completely throw away the whole thing: he said he needs time to think, but he forgave me." *smiles, looking down*

Hermione: *smiles* "I don't know what happened, but I'm glad that despite it you're still in good terms."

Veronica: *smiles* "Yeah, me too..."

Then inside came also a tall red-haired boy, Archie Andrews

Archie: "Hey."

Veronica: "Hi."

Hermione: "And who might this heartbreaker be?"

Archie: "I'm picking up an order for Andrews."

Hermione: "Oh, you're Fred's son...you're as handsome as your father was."

Veronica: "I'll see you at home, mom."

Hermione: "Wait, I'm sure Archie would happily escort you."

So the two of them started walking together to Pembrooke

Veronica: "So...Peter is still mad at you, huh?"

Archie: "Yeah. I mean, I can't blame him, what I've done to him... *sighs* I just wish I could reverse time."

Veronica: "I can tell."

Archie: "And Betty doesn't wanna talk to me anymore."

Veronica: "I can tell you're in deep. But I know she'll forgive you eventually."

Archie: "I really hope so...you know, we've always gone to the same school, been in the same class. I remember in the second grade I was having trouble reading. My teacher, Mrs. Gribrock, told my mom and dad that I should stay back a year to get caught up. Betty was so against us not being in the same grade that she took it upon herself to tutor me every single day."

Veronica: "In second grade?"

Archie: "Yeah. Anyway, when I passed, thanks to Betty, I kissed her and I asked her to marry me. She was like, 'Oh, little Archie, we're too young, ask me when we're 18 and I'll say yes.'"