kissing in the rain (requested)

"I've missed you." Wendy smiled as she kissed your cheek, her fingers wrapped tightly around yours as you walked out of the restaurant.

You put your head on your shoulder and closed your eyes as your smile grew. You're so happy. You honestly can't remember the last time you've felt this happy.

You assume it was before Wendy left for tour.

But now, she's home and all the tears you've both shed due to how much you've missed each other while she was away faded from your minds.

She hasn't let you go since arriving home earlier this morning. Even in the restaurant, she sat in the same booth as you and kept her arm around you.

She doesn't want to let you go and you're happy about that because, after all the time you've spent apart, you don't want her to let you go.

"I've missed you more, Wendy."

"Impossible." She said as you turned your head and then playfully booped your nose.

"Thank you for dinner. It was so romantic and so delicious."

"My treat, baby girl." She smiled and swung your intertwined hands playfully.

The sun has gone down and it's getting late.

But despite that, you're feeling as energetic and happy as can be.

Anything your girlfriend wants to do, you'd happily do.

"Okay, so you've been gone for quite a while. Therefore, I'm letting you pick what we do from here." You said to Wendy who looked at you with bright eyes.

"Cuddles!" She said enthusiastically.

"Okay. Cuddles it is." You said and kissed her cheek as you both continued to walk home.

It wasn't a far walk.

The restaurant isn't even ten minutes away from the house. So you should be home in no time.

You looked forward to climbing into bed and being held by her, maybe turn on some good movies as you ask her to tell you stories from the tour. She's always got good ones to share with you.

Suddenly, you both froze when you heard what sounded like thunder coming from nearby.

It was hard to see if there were storm clouds in the sky, considering it was late. But you didn't have to see them or know for certain that it was the thunder that you heard.

You glanced at Wendy who held your hand tighter than before as you both started to walk again but even faster than before.

If it was going to rain, you wanted to get home, safe and sound and as dry as possible, before it began to downpour.

But no matter how fast you tried to get home, the universe was not on your side, and you weren't going to outrun the storm that was about to hit.

The rain didn't start as a drizzle or sprinkle. It just began to pour down from out of nowhere.

You yelped out of surprise, your hand slipping from Wendy's as you jumped.

"It's okay, baby. Let's just get home." She said as she took your hand back into hers and began to run.

Home wasn't far from here, so you'd be there in no time.

You kept running, your feet moving quickly under you as you kept up with Wendy.

You saw the house and you tried to hurry a little more so you could go inside and change into something dry and warm.

But Wendy suddenly came to a stop, causing you to do the same since your hand was still in hers.

"What is it?" You asked as you turned around, dropping her hand as you did so.

You were breathless as soon as you saw her.

Your breath hitched and your heart raced as you noticed how perfect she looked in the pouring rain.

"Come closer," she whispered and you did so, finally close enough for her to touch.

She gently placed her hand on your cheek. She stroked it softly, her eyes lighting up when they locked with yours.

"You're so pretty, baby girl." She whispered softly. "And I realized, as long as we've been together, we've never kissed in the rain."

Your heart fluttered as you realized where this was going.

"I thought maybe we should change that." She smirked and you grinned from ear to ear before pushing your lips onto hers without a word.

She didn't hesitate to kiss you back, her lips moving passionately against yours in just a heartbeat.

She moved her hands to the small of your back, holding you close as you shared the most romantic kiss you've ever had.

Her heart felt full, beating in sync with yours as you held each other so close that she could feel every beat of your heart through your soaked shirt.

She smiled against your lips when she pulled away for a breath. A shaky one fell from your lips as she put her forehead on yours.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too." You said and put your lips back on hers for another sweet kiss.

Even though it was pouring rain, neither of you planned on pulling away anytime soon.

It was romantic, like something out of a movie, but even better.

You didn't care about anything but staying in this moment with Wendy, hoping it would never end.