you get hospitalized for a serious illness (requested)

"Baby, I think I should take you to the emergency room." Wendy rubbed your back as she watched you throw up once more.

You're leaning over the bed as she holds your hair back while you vomit into the trash can beside the bed.

You've had the flu for only about a day now but it's taking a huge toll on you.

You're vomiting a lot, running a high fever, the chills, and extreme fatigue.

You're more miserable than Wendy has seen during your entire relationship and she's not sure what to do to help at this point.

It's not just those things that are worrying her though.

It's the fact that you can't keep anything down and you vomit until you dry heave and nothing else will come up.

She's worried that you're dehydrated and she's also very concerned about your fever that just keeps climbing.

You groaned as you lay down on your back again.

Wendy's hand gently fell against your forehead and she worriedly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Let me check your fever." She said as she grabbed the thermometer.

She placed it under your tongue as you closed your heavy eyes and she watched with worry as the numbers kept going up on the thermometer.

When it beeped, Wendy's heart dropped.

"!03.3." She said before putting the thermometer back on the nightstand.

She knows that your fever has reached the point of being too high and she needs to get you to the hospital.

So she got her shoes on and then helped you up.

"Come on, darling. I know your body is aching and you don't feel well but we need to get you to the emergency room." She said as she helped you out of bed.

She helped you put your shoes on and then grabbed a blanket to wrap around your shoulders as you shivered.

She helped you to the car and then drove to the hospital as fast as she could.

When she pulled into a parking spot, she helped you out of the car and inside the hospital.

"I need some help!" She called out. "My girlfriend is very sick. Her fever is above 103 and she's very ill."

"Okay, let's get her back to a room right now." The nurse said as she stepped out from behind the desk, opening the doors for you and Wendy to go through.

You felt so weak and so exhausted that you couldn't take a single step without Wendy's help.

She followed the nurse until she opened the curtain and had you and Wendy step inside.

"Just go ahead and lay down here." The nurse instructed.

Wendy helped you get into bed and though it was uncomfortable, your eyes slipped shut right away.

"She started getting sick with what I'm pretty certain is the flu just yesterday. But she's getting worse. She can't keep anything down, not even water. I'm scared."

"Well, you did the right thing by bringing her in. We'll get her feeling better in no time." The nurse promised.

Soon, the room was crowded with nurses and a doctor as they tried to bring your fever down.

You felt your stomach starting to turn again and the nurse gave you a bowl to get sick into as Wendy held your hair back again and rubbed your back comfortingly.

"It's alright, let it all out, baby." She said as her heart shattered from seeing you so sick.

Once you were done, you laid back down.

They tested you for the flu, which came back positive, just as Wendy suspected it would.

"Don't worry, we're going to get that fever down and get you feeling okay again soon." The doctor assured her.

Wendy didn't care about catching the flu from you as she sat in the chair beside your hospital bed, holding your hand.

All she cared about was being there for you and trying to comfort you the best she could.

"We're going to have to hospitalize her for a little while." The doctor said. "At least for the night, if not a little longer. We need to work on getting her fever down and we need to make sure it stays down. We also need to get her hydrated again because she's very dehydrated from being so sick so much."

Wendy bit her lip as a wave of anxiety flooded over her.

"But don't worry. She will be okay. We just have to give her some time to recover as her body fights this off. She'll be just fine."

The doctor squeezed Wendy's shoulder before leaving the room as the nurses continued to do a couple of things.

"I love you so much, baby," Wendy said as she kissed your hand.

"I love you too." You weakly mumbled as you closed your tired eyes, feeling more exhausted than you've ever been before.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Feel better soon, okay? I'm going to be right here until you get to go home. Everything's going to be okay." She promised as she brushed her fingers across yours.

Wendy watched you with worried eyes and even though it had to be nearing one in the morning at this point, she knew she wasn't going to be getting any sleep tonight.

Because even though she knew in her heart that you would be alright, she was too overwhelmed with anxiety and knew that she needed to stay awake, in case you needed her for any reason.

So she kissed your hand once more and watched the nurses come in and out for a while as they continued to check up on you while Wendy just stayed awake, staring at you and holding your hand tight.

She just loves you so much and there's nothing she won't do to make sure that you'll get better very soon.