you pass out at work (requested)

"Baby? Are you feeling okay?" Wendy asked as she brushed her fingers along your arm.

You opened your heavy eyes to look at her and a groan fell from your lips due to just how miserable you immediately felt.

"Your alarm went off twenty-five minutes ago and you still haven't gotten out of bed."

You don't even remember hearing your alarm go off.

Wendy is the one that heard it and woke you up when she realized you slept through it.

You sat up and squeezed your eyes shut as you felt nauseous and dizzy instantly.

"You don't look like you're feeling well."

"It was just a long night. I couldn't sleep much. That's all."

She didn't believe that whatsoever.

She knows the difference between when you're tired and when you're sick and right now, you look sick.

You look like you're feeling awful and, honestly, you were.

"I'm going to be late." You sighed as you slowly and weakly got out of bed.

You went into the bathroom to brush your teeth and Wendy watched you from across the room, noticing how slowly you moved as you did everything.

It was very unlike you and she couldn't hide just how concerned she felt.

You brushed your hair after you finished brushing your teeth and she couldn't help but frown when you winced as you started to exit the bathroom.

Your body ached, every move making you feel even more uncomfortable and miserable than before.

"Babe, if you don't feel well, just say so. It's alright." She said but you just shook your head and took off your pajamas to change into clothes for work.

"I'm okay." You said quietly. "I have to go or else I'll be in trouble for being late. I'll see you later."

You walked to her and kissed her cheek and she frowned when she felt just how warm you were when she cupped your cheek in her hand.

"I have to go. Enjoy your day off." You said and faked a smile before heading out for the day.

Wendy knew that you weren't feeling well and she had a feeling that you wouldn't be gone for too long.

So she crawled back into bed but she didn't fall asleep.

She just stayed wide awake and watched tv as the time went by, hoping that you'd turn around and leave work to come home early.

But you didn't intend to do that, not willingly, anyways.

You tend to be stubborn and you didn't want to admit that you felt unwell.

You tried to push through but you couldn't even drive yourself to work due to how unwell you felt.

You took an Uber and tried to brush off how nauseous you felt as you busied yourself at work with your important tasks.

But with every minute that went by, you felt even worse than the minute before.

"Y/N, are you alright?" One of the older women that you work with asked.

"I'm okay." You said with a shaky voice. "I'll be fine, I just had a hard night."

That was your excuse.

Deep down, you knew you were most likely coming down with something, but you didn't want to admit it.

You tried not to think too much about it and brushed off the worried comments coming from your coworkers.