sick after a fight (requested)

You slammed the bedroom door loudly before going over to the bed and sitting at the foot of it.

Wendy stood on the other side of the door with her hand on the knob, part of her tempted to turn it since you hadn't locked it.

But she lowered her head with a sigh and pulled her hand away, deciding that it was best to give you some space for the night rather than push things further and make it all worse.

You and Wendy fought tonight.

You had been out to dinner and you swear that the waitress was flirting with her.

Wendy, being the loyal and loving girlfriend that she is, didn't flirt back.

But what upset you was that she also didn't say anything to stop it.

She just let it continue, letting the waitress say things that she had no right to say to your girlfriend and letting her make you feel uncomfortable.

You ended up feeling so frustrated that you stormed out.

The car ride home had been silent, neither of you saying a single word to break the very uncomfortable silence.

But when you got home, that's when the fight began.

She insisted that it was nothing and it didn't mean anything but you were frustrated and upset and said some things you didn't mean before storming up to the bedroom, needing space and privacy.

Knowing this and fearing that she would make things worse somehow, she decided to go into the spare room and sleep there for the night.

She quietly closed the door behind her and took a look around.

This room was meant for guests; family and friends that would come and visit.

It wasn't meant for either of you and it looked so lonely.

But she sighed and crawled under the covers as she tried to make herself comfortable.

She knew it wasn't very late but she was tired after a long week and a stressful evening so she could feel the exhaustion creeping up on her.

So she closed her tired eyes and decided to get some rest, hoping that things would be better in the morning.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, you weren't feeling so great.

You had decided to try and get some sleep, just wanting the night to end so you could wake up and things would be okay again.

But it wasn't just that that was making you want to go to sleep.

You also felt a little unwell.

Your stomach was starting to turn and you felt funny.

But you tried to tell yourself that it was just from fighting with Wendy and it was just from stress and a little anxiety.

You tried to calm down and close your eyes to get some rest.

Somehow, you managed to drift off to sleep.

But you woke up a couple of hours later with sweat on your skin and a terrible ache in your stomach.

Instinctively, you reached for Wendy, but she wasn't there.

It came back to you as it sank in that Wendy wasn't close to you and wasn't there to give you the comfort that you so desperately needed.

You sat up and whined as your stomach continued to turn, the nausea getting so much worse.

This wasn't good; you were definitely going to throw up soon.

And without Wendy there by your side to help you through it, you didn't think you would be okay.

You got up and held your stomach as you opened the door and left the room.

Walking across the hall, you hoped that the door wouldn't be locked and, much to your relief, it wasn't.

You opened the door and Wendy quickly stirred in the bed.

"Wendy?" You whimpered.

"Hm?" She mumbled tiredly.

"I feel sick."

She sat up and turned the lamp on before her heart sank upon seeing you.

You looked so miserable.

"Oh, my poor baby." She said before getting up and hurrying to your side.

She placed her hand on your forehead and frowned.

"You're burning up." She said. "You feel nauseous?"

You nodded weakly.

"Okay. It's alright, my love. Let's get you back to the bedroom."

She grabbed her phone before walking out of the guest room and into your shared bedroom.

She wanted to feel relieved to be back in here with you but it wasn't possible to do when you looked so terrible due to how sick you felt.

"I'm so sorry, Wendy." You said as tears filled your eyes.

Wendy shushed you softly before kissing your forehead.

"Don't be sorry. We can talk about it when you feel better but everything's okay, baby. We're okay. We'll always be okay."

You nodded before she slowly walked with you to the bathroom, both of you knowing that's where you needed to be since you were bound to puke soon.

"I love you so much. let me take care of you."

You nodded and leaned against her on the bathroom floor, finally feeling comforted as she brushed her hand across your back and held you.

"I love you lots." You whispered. "I'm sorry I woke you. I was scared when I woke up feeling so sick and you weren't here."

"It won't happen again. Next time, we work things out right away." She said. "That way we're always here for each other, the way we both need."

You nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry, my love. Everything's going to be just fine. Just relax. I'm right here with you and I'm not going anywhere."

You exhaled shakily, still feeling sick to your stomach but also safe and sound now that she was here with you; because at the end of the day, she's all you'll ever need.