The Shoupe Family

Elizabeth Shoupe 

Full Name: Elizabeth Maria Shoupe

Nicknames: Eliza, Liz, Beth, Elly, B, Kook Queen, Evil Queen, Bitch, Her Majesty (by JJ). 

Family: Victor Shoupe (Father), Esmeralda 'Esme' Shoupe (Mother). 

Relationship Status: In a relationship with Rafe Cameron. 

Best Friend: Sarah Cameron (Used to be best friends with Pope Heyward). 

Personality Traits: Intelligent, Manipulative, Blunt, Loyal, Family Oriented, Honest. 

Played By: Camila Mendes.

Reputation: At first glance, Elizabeth Shoupe is your typical mean girl. She thrives off attention and prides herself on being the girl everyone envies. She lives the dream life, has a loving family, a rich, attractive boyfriend and the world at her feet, but all this light casts shadows. Looking deeper, you will find a young girl with a conflicted moral compass, trying her best to make her family proud. They have already planned her whole life; all she has to do is learn the script. While most think Elizabeth is the devil incarnate, she is simply a great actress. 

Esmeralda Shoupe

Full Name: Esmeralda Shoupe

Nicknames: Esme.

Family: Elizabeth's Mother and Victor Shoupe's Wife. 

Relationship Status: Married to Victor Shoupe for 25 years. 

Personality Traits: Controlling, Snobbish, Demanding, Family-Oriented, Has a Soft Side. 

Played By: Marisol Nichols 

Reputation: Esmeralda Shoupe is known for only interacting with those with influential contacts. She craves nothing more than to fit in with the aristocracy as she was born a Pogue. Her main goal is to make sure her family is considered perfect by the eye of Figure Eight, and she does so by transforming her daughter into who she wishes she had been. She knows her expectations are unattainable, but she would rather Elizabeth fail while trying to reach for the impossible rather than settle for mediocrity. Everything she does is to make sure everybody forgets she was once a Pogue, and she isn't going to let Elizabeth undo all her hard work.

Victor Shoupe

Full Name: Victor Shoupe

Nicknames: Vic, Deputy.

Family: Elizabeth's father and Esmeralda's husband.

Relationship Status: Been married to Esmeralda Shoupe for 25 years.

Personality Traits: Protective, Strict, Job-Oriented, Logical, Caring Towards His Family.

Played By: Cullen Moss

Reputation: As the Deputy Sheriff of Outer Banks, Victor Shoupe can't help but bring his controlling nature home with him, keeping a firm hold over his daughter's life. He wants to be accepted by the Figure Eight, but unlike his wife, he cares less about the aesthetics or privileges and more about the pride that comes from being the perfect household and him the perfect provider. Though he can be strict and stubborn when it comes to Elizabeth, she is still his greatest weakness. It pains him when she struggles to live up to Esme's high expectations, and he does all he can to alleviate some of the pressure while ensuring Elizabeth doesn't ruin the family name he worked hard for.