Hurricane

I finish paying for my items, rushing to pack them in the bag when my phone starts ringing

I finish paying for my items, rushing to pack them in the bag when my phone starts ringing. I wait till I leave the store before answering the phone. 

"Hey, babe, what you doing?" Rafe cheerily greets me. 

"Just finished buying some groceries" I answer. 

"Wait? Does Elizabeth Shoupe actually buy her own groceries? Oh, My God! How will your reputation ever survive?" He mocks. 

"Wow, you are so funny," I mock back. 

"You know I'm just kidding" he chuckles, "how about I come to meet you and we can go somewhere?" He suggests.

"I can't" I sigh, "I need to head home, you know how mother is" I add. 

"She got work for you to do?" He asks. 

"Every day, plus since it's summer, it means now that I have to do school work for at least four hours every day or I'm not allowed to go out" I explain. 

"Maybe I can try and convince her differently" he offers. 

"You would be wasting your time" I shut him down, making my way to my car across the road. 

I just about step into the road before a familiar vehicle speeds around the corner, driving the wrong way. I throw myself to the pavement to narrowly escape being hit, the groceries spilling out of the bag, and my phone smashing onto the concrete. 

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I yell out to them, picking myself off the ground. 

"IT'S A ONE-WAY ROAD YOU IMBECILES!!" I call out. 

"SORRY, B!" Pope yells out the window. 

"YEAH SORRY, HER MAJESTY!" Maybank pokes his head out as well, "WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!" He winks while I roll my eyes and they speed off till I can't see them anymore. 

"Damn Pogues" I mumble, dusting myself off and picking up my items. Sighing in frustration when I spot my shattered phone screen and bleeding knee.

"Liz, are you okay? What happened?" I hear Rafe's concern when I pick up my phone. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, just those reckless pogues causing trouble as per usual" Rafe matches my distaste for them. 

"What did they do? Did they hurt you?" He gets angry. 

"No" I glance down at my scraped knee, blood still leaking out, "they are just being typical nuisances" Rafe hums in agreement. 

"Did you forget you used to hang around with them?" Rafe brings up. 

"Do not remind me" I finally get to my car, "I clearly was out of my mind" he laughs at my comment. 

"Anyway, I need to head home, so I'll speak to you later, baby" I start to end the call.