Criminal

"YOU ARRESTED HIM!" I run into the precinct, my loud voice drawing the attention of all the officers

"YOU ARRESTED HIM!" I run into the precinct, my loud voice drawing the attention of all the officers. "Elizabeth, not here" father warns, aware of the extra eyes, "then where?" I challenge, not leaving until I talk to him. 

He gestures to his office and I storm over, he follows while matching my speed, closing the door for privacy. 

"This has nothing to do with you," he tells me, "what do you mean this has nothing to do with me? Why would you arrest him?" I don't back down. 

"Because Mrs Thornton pressed charges," his voice remains quiet, trying hard to control his temper. "I was doing my job" he defends, "I thought your job was to defend the city, not just Figure Eight" I cross my arms. 

"Don't try that with me" he warns, "he damaged personal property, he has to face consequences for it" he explains. "So you are just going to blindly believe what Topper said?" I question, "I am going to believe the evidence" he fires back and I pause, not aware that there was evidence. 

"Evidence?" I question. 

"I have camera footage of Heyward's boat being there and Maybank confessed" he informs me, "he confessed?" Why would he do something so stupid?

"I was under the impression it was Pope but Maybank admitted that it was him" JJ took the fall for Pope. 

"Did he at least tell you why?" I bring up, "does it matter? He still committed a criminal offence" he argues. "Topper and Rafe attacked Pope at the golf course and they attacked them at the movie night also at the country club" I reveal. 

"Elizabeth, stop this!" Dad shakes his head, going behind his desk. 

"No, I am not going to stop!" I argue, "this is so unfair, Rafe and Topper get away with everything while JJ gets arrested for defending Pope!" I exclaim. 

"STOP! ELIZABETH!" He yells. 

"I don't know what's been going on with you lately but this stops now" he puts his foot down, "I am tired of you lying for them" he accuses. "Lying?" I question, "I am not lying about this dad, Rafe and Topper attacked them, they only acted in self-defence" I defend.

"By sinking a boat?" He doesn't believe me.

"Why don't you believe me?" I frown, hurt that my own father is questioning my word, "you're surprised? You've done nothing but lie to me and your mother these past few weeks" he fires back. 

"First it was that stupid envelope you stole, lying about your whereabouts, sneaking out and then Maybank in our backyard" he lists. "After your mother and I explicitly told you to stay away from him and you promised you would!" He exclaims. 

"Fine, then punish me for lying, don't take this out on him" I demand. 

"You think this is what this is about? That I have some sort of agenda against him?" He queries.