Dead Calm

It's the first time in a long time that I've woken up with excitement for the day ahead

It's the first time in a long time that I've woken up with excitement for the day ahead. John B had found the gold, the 400 million is within our grasp and there is nothing to stop us. Now, the only issue is figuring out how to get it out. 

Reaching for my phone, my usual first instinct in the morning. My home screen is flooded with texts from Sarah and John B, all about the plan to meet up later to go through our options of recovering the gold. 

But among all these messages, one catches my eye immediately. 

It's a simple good morning text from him, checking in on me

Last night's events flash to the forefront of my mind, recalling how tightly he held me and the way our lips collided with enough force to rock my entire universe. 

I had come clean to him, admitted something I was afraid of saying out loud. 

No more unreciprocated feelings. 

I feel everything he does and all I want is to be held by him. 

My happy place. 

Nothing can touch me when I'm with him. 

All the bets are placed against us and I've already broken my promises to Kiara and Rafe. But I don't regret anything that has happened. 

I know it is the smart decision to stay away from him, it is easier for everyone, but I don't have the strength to walk away from him. 

From us. 

I reply to his message, letting him know that I'm awake and that my mind hasn't changed from what I said last night. It's not going to be easy but I am willing to work at this. I don't want to lose what we have built so far. 

I then reply to Sarah and John B, confirming I will be at the meet up point on time, which is in about an hour. 

Placing my phone back on my night stand, I get up and get ready, already thinking about the excuse to tell my mother about my whereabouts. 

This is the biggest downside about this whole search, the lying and excuses. I know they are going to soon catch up to me and I'll be shipped off to Maine in no time. I just hope we will have got to the gold by then. 

Maybe it will get my parents to go easy on me. 

Another problem is what I will do about Rafe, we only just agreed to go back to being Liv and Rafe. Yet here I am, baring my heart to another man. 

I also can't ignore that I still love Rafe, even after all the hell he has put me through. 

He is my first love and I can't just let us go either. He has a hold on me and it's only getting tighter. As much as I am excited about things progressing with JJ, a life without Rafe is one I still can't imagine.