Midsummers

Sarah is already ready, wearing a floor-length beautiful and innocent white dress

Sarah is already ready, wearing a floor-length beautiful and innocent white dress. She pairs it with strappy heeled sandals and a flower crown in her flowing hair, fitting in perfectly with the theme.

The young girls of midsummers are supposed to wear light and elegant colours, keeping it minimal but poised at the same time, like nature itself. Meant to be dazzling and wondrous while maintaining purity. 

With flowers to symbolise the bloom. 

I went a different way, wanting to showcase the darker tones of nature. The captivation of nature lures unsuspecting victims in and if they don't know the terrain it can end terribly. 

A force to be reckoned with. 

(A/N: The dress I am imagining is the green chain dress that Camila wears in 'Do Revenge')

"Okay, damnn! You look hot!" Sarah compliments me as I step out of the bathroom, "I love it!" She eases any insecurities I may have, "your mom is totally going to hate you for this" she adds. 

"I'm ready for the consequences" I beam, making any last-minute adjustments in the mirror.

"Girls! Let's go!" Mother calls from downstairs. 

"You ready?" Sarah holds out her hand, "let's do this" I take it happily as we make our way down the stairs, my mom is immediately not amused. 

She recovers, tightening her jaw to stop from commenting but her eyes are filled with fire. She is wearing a simple silk pastel yellow dress, a thin shawl hangs down her crossed arms. I smile brightly at her, testing her self-control. 

"We're ready" I act natural when we reach the end of the steps, Sarah trying hard not to laugh. 

"That's not the dress we decided on," she says calmly, "I know but I thought it went better with the theme, I wasn't really feeling the other dress" I reply. "But the gown we bought you was very expensive" she emphasises, wanting so badly to yell at me. 

"I'll wear it next year" I counter. 

"We have enough time if you want to go and get changed" she doesn't phrase it like an option, "I don't want to get changed, I like what I'm wearing" I stand firm. 

"The dress is beautiful on you sweetheart, I just don't think it is the most appropriate for this particular occasion," she tells me off as nicely as she can because Sarah is in the room.

"I don't understand what the matter is, mother" she finds it difficult to hide her sour face, "isn't this what you wanted? You wanted me to outdo myself" I use her words against her. "After all, isn't an evil queen meant to wear green" she bites her tongue. 

"I'll meet you in the car" she brushes past me and out of the house, to talk to the Chauffeur she hired for today. 

"You are playing with fire" Sarah whispers in my ear, "and I'm having fun doing it" I wink, the control I lost has been restored.