Bonnie and Clyde

Tracing along my still sore neck, the shadow of his fingers imprinted into my skin but they are fading away

Tracing along my still sore neck, the shadow of his fingers imprinted into my skin but they are fading away. His sinister look is all I can see when I shut my eyes, the spark of excitement when he realised he was holding my life in his hands. 

He had all the power, as per usual. 

The bruises he leaves should force me to run away, run as fast as I can but they keep me pinned in place because the bruises are not as painful as living without him.

A pain I must become accustomed to. 

It's all part of the plan. 

"Eliza! Your tutor is here!" Mother yells from downstairs. 

"Coming!" I call back, quickly putting on a turtle neck sweater, and pulling it up so my neck is completely covered. 

No one can know. 

*

Third Person P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kiara questions, "Tannyhill" John B repeats, "so you're living with Sarah Cameron" she can't believe this.  

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out" John B explains again, aware of Kiara's distaste for this whole situation. 

"And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-" he continues, "so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupts. "I don't know, Pope" John B sits down, the movement making his injured arm hurt even more. 

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ chimes in, "does it come with a sweater vest or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope taunts. 

"Look, you promised," Kiara brings up, "you said you weren't with her" she reminds him.

"Bro, just own it, she got you" JJ comments. 

"Of course, you would know all about that" Kiara sighs, "what is it with you two morons falling for their preppy girl acts?" She is over her friends catching feelings for the same girls who hurt her. 

"If you want to hang out with her, that's fine" she shrugs, "but I'm letting you know right now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah" she puts her foot down. 

"Do you guys see her here?" John B points out, fed up with their comments, "no, so a little focus would be fantastic" he brings their focus back to what is most important, the gold. 

"Sarah's looking into who her dad sold the map to and we need that map" he fills them in, "so whether you like it or not, we need her help" he looks at Kiara who rolls her eyes. "So what do we do in the meantime?" Pope asks, "we wait" John B shrugs. 

"We wait?" JJ questions. 

"Until we get the map, we don't know where to look" John B points out, "so I know it is not the most desirable outcome but we will find the map until then let us just lay low" he assures them.