Chapter 5

Darkness.

Pain.

Cold.

The only thing that Bella felt as she lay on the hard cement floor of the Cadmus warehouse. She stirred from her not so peaceful slumber and lifted her head to gaze around the room. Bella's eyes stopped on solid metal bars, their silver colour gleaming in the soft red light of the red sun emitters lining the room. She let out a soft groan as she shifted to sit up and rest herself against the bare. She was greeted with cold blue eyes.

"Look who's finally awake," Lillian spoke looking down at the alien's neck. Bella touched her neck to find a thick metal collar, instantly trying to pry it off.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," the menacing voice spoke again. "The pain wouldn't be pleasant." She took her hands off the collar and glared at Lillian.

"What do you want this time?" She growled trying her best not to look scared. Bella's spine tingled down the long scar running down her back. She had gotten that in a Cadmus lab when she was here once before.

"I just want my precious little alien back," she gave Bella and unsettling smile. "I also have a few tests I need to run on you, your sister and parents have been a pain, I need to find the best way to stop them."

"I won't let you hurt them!" She stood up only to fall back down screaming from an electric shock running through her body. A couple tears slid down her face until the pain stopped and she was left panting.

"Do not defy me," Lillian plainly stated. She nodded to the guards that were standing off to the side. "Take her, experimentation room 5, and prep her for a lot of pain."

"No... no please," Bella incoherently mumbled as two guards came into her cell and grabbed her arms. They dragged her out of the room as Lillian chuckled silently.

Barry ran out of Star Labs and instantly to Kara's apartment. He knew that he had to tell Kara about Bella's disappearance as soon as possible and hope she wouldn't be took mad with him or Luna. Barry was hoping that Kara wouldn't blame herself either and just get straight to finding Bella.

He rushed to the living room and sat on the couch as he impatiently tapped his foot against the floor waiting for Kara to come home. The door clicked open and he instantly walked up to Kara with a guilty kind of look on his face. Kara set her bag down and walked up to Barry, cupping his face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Barry wouldn't look Kara in the eyes as he mumbled, "Bella's missing."

Panic settled itself in Kara's expression as her eyes widened. "She's what?! How could this happen?! What did happen?! Who took her?!" She let go of Barry and paced around the small entryway of the apartment.

"She didn't come back from Lili, and I searched the entire city for her, with no trace. I have no idea what could've happened or what did happen," he said quickly.

"We have to get her back Barry, we have to. I can't lose my daughter and Lillian just escaped prison. She could be in Cadmus! I can't let her go through that again!" Kara yelled becoming more worrisome of Bella.

"Panicking won't help anyone, if we want to help Bella we have to take a minute and think," Barry stated as he did his best to do what he has told Kara. Using his speed thinking, he thought of as many scenarios and problems that he could imagine.

Kara sighed and did her best to calm down but her body was visibly tense. She clenched her fists feeling anger towards whoever took Bella and even more concern. She looked to Barry, "Anything could be happening to her and we can't stop it!"

Barry places his hands on Kara's arms and looked into her eyes. "Everything will be okay, I will get Cisco to run the satellite for Kryptonian heat signatures and the DEO can scan for any Kryptonite. We will find her, I promise." Barry did his best to sound calming as to not alarm Kara any further. He was trying to reassure her that they would find Bella.

"Okay," Kara whispered as she stopped panicking slightly. "Okay, I'll head to the DEO and call Alex. You go to Star Labs and do anything you can to find her." Barry nodded in agreeable and grabbed some gear before leaving. Kara changed into her super suit in a matter of seconds and flew to the DEO in order to begin a scan on Kryptonite.

Rough shallow breathing was heard as two armed guards carried Bella to the experimentation room. She tried to ask them what they were going to do but all that came out were a few sounds of panic. Bella was worried about what Lillian would do this o her this time.

'Is she going to cut me open and dissect me? Kill me? Make me work for her? What if she-' her thoughts were cut off short when they arrived in a small square room. Bella was placed onto a flat silver table and her wrists, ankles, and head were restrained with leather straps. There was no yellow sunlight and, after being in the red sun emitters for so long, she was powerless. She pulled at the bands and found she wasn't able to get free.

Lillian walked into the room with the usual smirk on her face as she stared down at the helpless alien. "It's not fun, is it? Feeling trapped, alone, afraid, and helpless," she whispered in Bella's ear leaning down and relishing in the whimper of a response she got. Lillian then stood up before continuing to the scientists, "We will only be doing a simple bone marrow extraction for today."

Bella hyperventilated as she pulled on the straps more. "L-let me go," she managed to say which came out in a shakier voice than she expected.

The Luthor held up a signal on her hand to tell the scientists to begin. "This will only hurt a little," she replied dismissing the thought of letting her most valued subject go.

The scientists flipped Bella onto her side and adjusted the straps before beginning their procedure without the use of pain medication...

To be continued...

________________________________
Sorry the chapter took so long! I got busy with writing another story and creating a bit of fanart based on request!