Chapter 8

The next time she woke up, Bella found herself alone in the barn and began to freak out. She then took a couple minutes to take deep breaths and figure out what had happened. Bella looked down to see all her bandages and groaned in annoyance at the wince she made before laying back down. "Why am I not healing?" She asked herself as the sound of the barn door opening could be heard.

Chris slowly made his way over to her. "It might be from the exposure of whatever was taking your powers away. I would take it easy for now if I were you," he spoke softly.

Bella brought her hand to the bandage on her right leg, unwrapping it to see a somewhat scabbed over wound on both sides of her leg. "My aunt is definitely going to kill Lillian," she muttered.

"Hey! You weren't supposed to take the wrap off! It's what's keeping you from making your wounds worse. However, they do look like they need changing. I'll be right back," Chris stated as he left the barn to get more bandages. He returned moments later with rolls of the wrap in his arms.

Chris gently unwrapped the bandage just below Bella's ribs, causing the girl to whimper and pull away when it pulled at her injury. "Shh, don't worry. I know it does hurt but only slight and you managed to take off the one on your leg just fine. This is to help you," Chris reassured as he switched out all of the bandages.

"How long until it heals? I can't stay here for too long since my family is probably out looking for me . I have to get back so they can know about what CADMUS plans to do with them," she said sitting against the wall.

"I'm not a doctor, so I don't really have a time. Why don't we go through icebreaker questions or just simple favourite questions. Talk to me to have something to do in your free time," Chris suggested. "What is your favourite colour?"

Bella nodded, "Orange like the sunset, and green in nature. The sunset reminds me of life and how everyone deserves it. I love to fly in the forest to look around at all the beautiful plants and admire watching the animals live their lives. The insects flying around, bears watching over their cubs, waterfalls dripping down hills of rock. It's peaceful. What's yours?"

Chris almost dropped his jaw in amazement, someone else, other than him, had a deep meaning to picking their favourite colour. "Wow, that's amazing you've thought about it very deeply. My favourite colour is blue like the oceans and my mother's caring eyes. She passed away and whenever I watch the rolling waves of the ocean, I feel as if she's there with me."

"I'm sorry, I somewhat know how you feel except my dad is still here. My parents broke up and my dad moved away to the future, then my mom got together with someone else who I don't really like because I feel as if he's replacing my dad."

Chris' gaze softened as he looked at the brunette. "Let me ask you a few questions, does he treat you well? Has he, in any way, showed signs of not liking you? Does he care about you?"

Bella sighed, "I guess he does treat me well and he does care about me. I'm just worried that if I let him in it will be letting my dad go." She stayed looking down at her hands which rested in her lap.

"Hey, I didn't even want my dad to date anyone once my mom had passed away. After a while I finally let someone in and my mom still has a special place in my heart," he said trying to calm her.

"I guess you're right. We should talk about something different, like what is your favourite movie? Mine is the Harry Potter series."

"If it's a series, does it count as a movie?" He asked joking. "Mine is the last Mockingjay Movie in the Hunger Games series." The two talked for a while and Bella began to forget about going home.

Lili landed on the DEO balcony as she made her way into the DEO main room. She had been an extra set of eyes with scanning the city once she found out about her sister's disappearance. She stormed over to Winn and paced behind his chair. "I swear if Lillian even lays a hand on her, I will-"

"Woah, calm down. We are working on it and I'm tracking her signal right now," Winn said cutting off Lili's sentence. "The DEO and STAR Labs are doing everything that they can to ensure that we find Bella and bring her home safe."

"I know but nothing is coming up. I've checked the systems at L-Corp, and scanned over the city, there is absolutely nothing that can alert to where she is. I have to find my baby sister." Lili slammed one of her hands on a computer desk in the room out of pure anger.

"Why don't you go take your anger out on some punching bags with Alex in the training room?" The nerd suggested not wanting to be near an angry Alex Danvers and an angry Kryptonian.

"That's a wonderful idea Winn, I'll just go and destroy the DEO's entire supply of punching bags from the force of my fist."

"You're right, you would destroy them but you can take out Kara's supply of cinder blocks. The DEO has an endless amount and we can always order more when needed," Winn offered an alternative to breaking the punching bags.

Lili walked off to the training room without a reply and immediately began on hitting the cinder blocks as hard as she could. The impact sending them into many tiny pieces of powdered dust. She repeated this process, going through many of the cinder blocks and still finding no end to the supply.

________________________________

I have changed Luna to Lili, and Cole to Evan. The updated face claims and quotes are in the cast chapter and the names have been swapped in earlier chapters.