Chapter 10

Bella had stopped talking to Chris as soon as she saw her family show up at the barn. She waited for one of them to say something first.

Lili watched Bella with tears in her eyes as she sped forward and hugged her little sister. "Bella! You're alive!" She exclaimed squeezing her tightly causing Bella to wince and Lili to pull away. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Bella chuckled softly "I'm fine, just a little beat up and bruised." She glanced over at Chris, "he's the reason I'm alive so don't think of attacking him thinking he kidnapped me." Bella had noticed Kara and Barry slowly creeping over to the blonde haired boy.

"I'm so happy that you're even alive. We thought Cadmus had you and that they were going to kill you. What happened?" Kara asked still thinking it was a little too easy finding Bella for some reason. Even though they had gone to the Cadmus warehouse.

Bella took a deep breath and held Chris' hand as she explained, "Lillian knocked me unconscious on a rooftop and brought me to Cadmus. She... she took some bone marrow from me. That hurt a lot, like more than Kryptonite. She was using red sun emitters to keep my powers from coming to me. I managed to escape getting shot a couple times and a broken arm courtesy of Henshaw. I passed out in a small forest nearby and Chris found me before bringing me here." She pointed to her many bandages and splint.

Barry walked closer to Bella and engulfed her in a light hug. "Bella, I'm sorry that I couldn't have found you earlier. I searched everywhere and Kara was doing her best too. She was very worried that it was almost scary watching her pace around." Kara nodded in acknowledgment.

The alien did her best to hug Barry back with the arm that only had a bullet graze it. "It's okay, I forgive you. For basically everything. At least I have some sort of a father. There's actually something I have to tell you..." she pulled away from Barry. "...all of you."

Kara gained her famous crinkle as she looked to her daughter. "What? What is it?" She asked becoming concerned about hearing new information.

"Lillian is plotting with the President. They want to use red Kryptonite on you and Lili so that they can make the public fear you and have a reason to kill aliens. I mean the actual President, he is literally trying to plot against you," she stated knowing it was best to tell Kara and Barry this information as soon as possible so that she wouldn't forget.

Chris cleared his throat after a while of silent communication through the family. "Why would the president want to kill aliens? He seems nice enough when I see him on the television. Granted, I don't see him that much but he looked like a nice guy." He was confused by this entire situation; meeting Supergirl, the Flash, and two other aliens simply because he helped one of them.

Kara turned to Chris "Thank you for keeping my daughter safe and helping her but this matter is out of your hands. We will take over from here."

"Just wait mom... can't Aunt Alex get him a job at the DEO, he's super smart and from what I can tell he's good with gadgets and a bit of first aid," Bella silently pleaded with her eyes practically daring Kara to say no.

Barry piped in, "I could see if he can have a job at STAR Labs if the DEO won't accept him but it seems that Bella would like to be around him a little more."

A slight blush made its way across Bella's cheeks as Barry said that and Lili leaned in to whisper in Bella's ear "It looks like my little sister has a crush."

Bella pushed Lili away as Kara finally gave in and decided she would ask Alex to let Chris join the DEO. "I will ask Alex but there is no guarantee that she will say yes. He is a teenager after all. It's time that we head home. Chris, I'm sure that if you do get the job at the DEO Bella will come visit you and grab you."

Chris nodded shyly as he also felt the pink flush across his cheeks at Barry's statement. He let go of Bella's hand. "It's fine if I don't get the job Miss...., I would like to see more of Bella though and I promise I won't tell anyone your secret."

"I just realized! He has to come with us because he has to sign documents saying that he won't reveal our identities!" Bella states with excitement and a smile to Chris.

"That is true, Barry and I will head over to the DEO. You and Chris ask his parents and we will meet you there. Lili can call Alex to bring a helicopter and the three of you can ride in it together. It might take a couple minutes since we were just going after the Cadmus base nearby," Kara stated speeding out with Barry.

Chris left to go ask his father if he could hang around with Bella more often. Lili stayed in the barn with Bella and helped her to her feet, holding her against her shoulder. "So why do you like him?" She asked knowing there was no denying that Bella and Chris had a bit of a connection.

Bella buried her face in Lili's shoulder so that she couldn't see the blush on her face. "I... I don't! Lili no!" She said causing her sister to laugh.

"Whatever you say Bella. I'll have to start reading to you while just get better, I bet you'd love that," she replied knowing that Bella hated listening to Lili's long books.

Before Bella could reply, Chris walked back into the barn letting them know that his father had surprisingly allowed him to go. Lili called Alex and a helicopter landed just outside the barn moments later. They all climbed into the helicopter —Lili carrying Bella— and were brought to the DEO.

To be continued...