Murphy's Law

Wells died last night. I am so mad at myself for forgetting about that. I could have saved him. Seeing Clarke so distraught hurt me. My memory is failing me and I am starting to get seriously worried.

--------

I sat in the drop ship with Monty while he was tinkering with some things trying to build a radio.

"I'd offer to help but I'm shit with technology" I said.

Monty laughed, "your company is great as it is, Brooks".

I smiled back.

Soon enough, Clarke stormed in.

"Take my wristband off" she ordered Monty.

"Woah, Clarke slow down. Are you sure?" He asked.

"You need a working wristband for the radio, don't you?"

Monty just nodded and motioned for her to take a seat.

He very carefully pried it off and Clarke let out a small gasp when it retracted from her skin. I put a hand on her shoulder out of instinct. She shot me a quick smile and my cheeks reddened. I awkwardly pulled my hand back and focused all my attention back to the wristband.

"Yes! I did it." Monty cheered.

"Good job, bud." I smiled.

Clarke stood up and walked away, not before sharing a small glance with me though.

For some reason butterflies danced in my stomach. Which could only mean....Nope! No! Uh uh.

"So..." Monty smirked, "Clarke?"

"What? W-what are you talking about....dude?" I poorly played off his comment.

Monty only laughed harder. "Don't worry, Parker. I won't tell anyone."

"I don't like her like that, if that's what you're thinking. So there's really nothing to tell" I lied. I hated that he could be right. I definitely am not deeply in love with Clarke Griffin but there's something about her that makes my stomach do flips.

"Sure" He smiles.

"I'm gonna go find O" I say, walking out of the drop ship while Monty laughs to himself.

All around me were delinquents building the wall to protect us from the grounders. These first few days have been hard but I know nothing can prepare me for the seasons to come. It only gets more intense from here. And with the way my memory is going, I don't think I'll even see it coming when it happens.

Soon enough, I spotted Octavia and Jasper heading toward the exit. Huh, I don't remember this, I wonder where they are going.

I run to catch up with them. "Hey O! Jasper! Where you guys headed?"

I fall in step with them.

"Hey Park!" O smiles, "I'm taking Jasper here on his first trip outside the gate since..."

"Since I got speared in the chest." Jasper finishes bluntly.

"Hey, it'll be alright." I reassured, "I'll go with you guys. There's nothing to be afraid of....well technically there is but-"

"Parker!" Octavia interjects.

"Right, not helping...sorry"

They both just laugh at my rambling.

We make it through the entrance. "Just a few steps, ok? One foot in front of the other." Octavia encourages as she walks forward.

I begin to follow her but soon notice Jasper remains by the entrance looking skittish.