I Am Become Death

Parker's POV

I can't help the tears that well up in my eyes as we walk among the wreckage of the Exodus Ship. We waited until morning so it was safer in all aspects. I shudder at the burnt pieces of human skeleton lying here and there, the ship had completely blown up, immediately killing everyone on it. 

"I hope my dad was on this ship" I whisper under my breath so only Raven could hear. 

She shoots me a sympathetic glance, "I hope he was too." 

"Clarke shouldn't be out here" Finn states as he walks over to Raven and I. 

"Her mom was on the ship. She's looking for answers. You want to help her? Find me the black box, hard drives, anything that will explain why this ship crashed." 

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when." Bellamy orders. 

"Can you blame them?" Finn asks. 

"No. I blame you." Bellamy shoots back. 

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns-" Finn starts. 

"If we didn't bring guns we all would've been killed." Raven cuts him off. 

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now." 

"Clarke, stop!" Raven yells, catching my attention. 

I turn my head to see Clarke backing away from some dripping liquid and holding a hand over her nose. 

Raven runs over. Finn and I follow. 

"Rocket fuel?" She asks. 

"Hydrazine" Raven specifies, "Highly unstable in its non solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist." She gently places a small rock into the puddle of reddish liquid, "Fire in the hole!" She throws the rock over to an area no one was standing in and a large explosion goes off. 

"Woah!" I shout in surprise, covering my ears at the booming noise. 

"We need to clear the area!" Raven shouts to Bellamy. 

"Ok, then. We move in formation. No straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark." Bellamy orders the group. 

--------

When we arrive back at camp, someone had told us that Murphy had returned. I follow Bellamy, Finn, and Clarke into the drop ship to see if it was true. A foul feeling settles in my stomach remembering the few distasteful interactions I had with the boy. 

"Where is he?" Bellamy seethes. 

I gasp when I see Murphy, curled up and bloody. Lacerations coat his skin, he looked horrible. 

"Everyone but Connor and Derek, out, now!"

"He claims he was with the grounders" Derek says. 

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp" Connor adds. 

"I wasn't sneaking" I hear Murphy's voice for the first time since he was falsely accused of murdering Wells. "I was running from the grounders." 

"Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy asks, hands still on his gun. 

Connor shakes his head. 

"Well in that case," Bellamy aims his weapon at Murphy. 

Finn smacks it toward the ground, "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?" 

"We were clear what would happen if he came back" Bellamy re-aims the gun. 

Finn stands in the line of fire, "If he was with the grounders then he knows things that can help us."