Unity Day

Parker's POV

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day," Jaha's voice sounds through the radio as a live stream of the Unity Day celebration is broadcasted from the Ark, "Every year we mark the moment our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year...on the ground." Applause rings out through the comms device. 

"Right. After we did all the work. Someone shut him up." Miller scoffs. 

"You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." Raven shoots. 

"For 97 years we've eked out an existence, hoping someday that our descendants would return to Earth." 

I turn to Raven with a smile, "Remember our Unity Days?" 

"How could I forget" Raven smiles back. We used to make forts in her room and stay up late watching old movies, like The Avengers. This was mainly because our respective parents were out drinking to "celebrate". 

"Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again" Jasper cheers as he exits his tent with a large jug in his hands.  He ran into the crowd of delinquents that celebrate the arrival of the moonshine, "Call this batch Unity Juice, who's thirsty?" 

My head turns to the crowd gathering around the moonshine, wanting to join in on the fun but Jaha's voice keeps my feet planted in front of the tablet screen. "To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under 60 hours, carrying the reinforcements that you need. So stay strong. Help is on the way." 

I stiffen at this and walk away, grabbing my canteen and heading to Jasper who was doling out Unity Juice. 

"Mind filling me up?" I hold out the canteen to Jasper and he fills it to the rim. 

"To Unity Day!" He grins at me. 

"Unity day" I mumble and knock back my drink. 

--------

"Hey there, remember me?" 

I smile, "Maeve." She had her own drink in hand and looked stunning by the light of the fire. The 100 spent the whole day partying. 

"Am I ever going to meet you sober?" 

I roll my eyes, "Stick around and you will." 

She took a step closer to me, "That shouldn't be too difficult." 

We were now almost toe to toe. My breath hitches in my throat and blush creeps up on my cheeks, "S-sorry about the other day, I was high off my ass and you had to babysit me." 

"We've all been there" She laughs, "Plus you had no idea those nuts would make you trip. And I liked being by your side." 

"True" I look down at my feet, feeling exposed under her gaze. 

"Look at me" I feel her hand under my chin. 

"Maeve-" 

She cuts me off with a kiss. Tender, slow, deep. 

After what feels like forever I pull back and get some air, "Woah." 

"Yeah" she smirks, "Woah." 

--------

"So there Raven and I were, seconds away from being arrested, when-" My story got cut short as I feel a hand grip my upper arm and pull me to my feet. "Hey, what the fuck, man?" 

"You need to come with us." I turn to see Finn holding my arm and Clarke by his side. 

I shoot Maeve an apologetic look, "Catch up with you later?"