We Are Grounders: Part 1

I'm standing by the gate with Octavia and some others, on watch for grounders when some kids gun goes off. Shouts erupt from the delinquents around me. "What the hell?" I say. 

Not long after, Bellamy storms over. "Hey! What the hell is the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry man, I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." The boy defends. 

Bellamy grabs him by the jacket and shoves him up against the gate, "We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." 

"Bell, you're scaring people" Octavia interjects from beside me as the people around us exchange concerned glances. 

"They should be scared!"He turns to face the crowd, "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do. Clarke, Finn, Monty, are gone, probably dead. And if you want to be next I cant stop you. But no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" 

My heart sank at his statement about my friends. They couldn't be dead.

--------

I decided to head into the drop ship to sit with Jasper as he made gunpowder. 

"I don't think they're dead. No way, they're all too smart and badass. They've gotta be ok." I try comforting Jasper as I can tell he's feeling down about it all, his best friend gone. 

He just nodded solemnly. "Bellamy's an ass." 

"Amen." 

"Hey, I'm gonna get some water, you want any?" I ask. 

"I'll come. Need to stretch my legs." He offers. 

Jasper heads down the ladder first and then freezes as he's halfway down, "What is it, Jasper?" I ask. 

"He stopped breathing, I was-" I hear a voice, Murphy. "I was trying to help him." 

"What the hell is going on?" I whisper. 

Jasper nods slowly and continues his descent down the ladder, I follow him. I can see Murphy eyeing us wearily and what looks to be an unconscious Miles in a hammock. I shiver as I think unconscious...or dead?

The tension rises when suddenly both boys make a dash to a nearby gun. Murphy reaches it first. I quickly jump down the ladder and stand beside Jasper in a defensive position as the little rat points the gun at us. He killed Miles.

"Murphy, just put the gun down." Jasper shakes. 

"He tried to kill me." Murphy defends, his voice booming. 

Jasper takes a a step forward and Murphy immediately shoves the gun in his face, "Hey, don't move!" 

"Murphy, you fucking watch it, you can't get away with this." I threaten. 

"Shut your mouth you little bitch" He aims the gun at me and I stumble back, "I should've killed you when I had the chance." 

"Ok, Ok," Jasper eases, "It's cool. It's cool." 

Murphy smirks, "No it's not. You know what will happen to me if you tell Bellamy." 

"Tell Bellamy what?" Bellamy's voice sounds from a radio in Jaspers pocket and I breathe a sigh of relief. They can help us. 

"Give me the radio, Jasper" Murphy grits. 

Jasper slowly pulls the radio out of his pocket and then swiftly raises it to his mouth where he spews, "Murphy has a gun. He killed Miles-"