His Sister's Keeper

Raven hasn't left my side all night. It's sweet, but her concern is starting to annoy me. I feel fine! I have no idea what any of them are talking about. 

"Parker please focus, follow the light" My attention is brought back to Clarke who held a small flashlight in front of my face. 

"I told you guys, I'm fine." I then began to tap my head and rub my stomach at the same time, "See? Good as new. Perfectly intact brain." 

Raven snorts at my demonstration. 

"So what did you mean by saying you're not supposed to be here and none of this is real?" Clarke presses. 

"For the 10th time, I have no recollection of that and it really doesn't sound like me. If I did have a seizure, maybe my brain was going haywire right before. It's probably not that deep, y'know?" 

Clarke sighs, "Ok, fine. Raven, keep a close eye on her. If she says she has deja vu or starts staring off into space and you can't get her attention back, that's a sign she might seize again. Best thing to do is make sure there's something to cushion her head and turn her on her side, got it?" 

"I got it" Raven swings her arm over my shoulder. 

I shake my head, feeling overwhelmed, "Is something wrong with me? With my brain?" 

Clarke smiles sympathetically, "Let's not worry about that until we have reason to. As of now this was just a one time thing, it could just be from the stress of these past few weeks." 

"Right, makes sense" I nod. 

--------

A little later into the night, I hear Bellamy choraling everyone. "Hey, everybody. Gather around and grab a weapon." 

I look to Raven with wide eyes and we step out of the tent to see what it was all about. 

"My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours." My eyebrows shoot up at this. I remember Octavia leaving Bellamy and I in the woods, I thought she had gone back to camp. "Arm up. We're not coming back without her." 

I immediately reach down toward the pile of weapons that Bellamy had dumped on the ground but a firm hand on my shoulder stopped me. 

"P, what are you thinking? You just had a seizure, you're not going out there." Raven stares on at me.

"I can do this, Raven. I'm not a kid anymore." 

"I'm going to ignore that, because you very much still are a kid. My answer's no." 

"I never asked, Raven." I defy. 

"Ok, ok, how about this." I turn to see Finn approaching us. "I'll go. I'll keep a close eye on Parker, defend her from the grounders, and return her to you safely in one piece." Finn says with a grin on his face. "Problem solved." 

Raven's eyebrows furrow, I see her contemplating this deeply. 

"Pleasssse" I beg. 

"Fine." I throw my fist up into the air victoriously. "But if you die, I'll kill you." 

"Guys! Look!" A random kid yells as he points into the sky. Flickering lights seemed to rain down from the inky blackness of the night sky. 

"Meteor shower?" I question aloud. 

"Not a meteor shower" Raven sighs in defeat. 

"It's a funeral" Clarke appears next to us. "Hundreds of bodies being returned to the Earth from the Ark. This is what it looks like from the other side."