𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 // 𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎

——————————————————————————

IT HAD BEEN a week since the Todoroki incident. Y/n had no way of contacting him so they hadn't spoken a work to each other.

Y/n stopped by the grocery store everyday. Todoroki was no where to be seen. Had he completely stopped going to that specific store to avoid her?

Things were not going too good for y/n. She had ruined her chance of having a friend, her only friend. People at school were not the nicest, considering she was quirkless.

Good thing Todoroki hadn't known, he probably would've dropped her on the spot if he ever found out. She doubts such a handsome boy who not only has an amazing quirk but goes to the most prestigious hero school in Japan would want to be her friend.

She felt alone again.

Y/n stopped by a near bookstore to increase her manga collection. This was a good distraction for her sad mood recently.

She was looking for a volume of Death Note. It wold be a nice addition to her manga shelf.

Just as she was about to grab the manga right in front of her, another hand had already made its way to the book. Y/n's hand was now over someone else's.

She looked to her left to see a tall male with black hair. His elbows looked like.....tape dispensers?

"Hey there." The boy smiled down at y/n.

Her eyes widened with surprise and quickly pulled back her hand.

"Sorry. You can have it." Y/n offered.

"Huh? Oh it's no worries! You can take it, besides..." he leans down as he puts his hand on the side of his mouth and whispers, "I've already seen the anime."

Y/n giggles.

She does the same motion as said boy and whispers back, "mee too, I just wanted to put it on my manga shelf."

The boy smiled at her.

"The names Sero Hanta! Nice to know there's another fellow manga lover here!"

"Hi Sero, my names-"

"L/n?"

Y/n froze.

Sero and y/n turn their gazes to the heterochromia boy facing them.

"Oh hey Todoroki! Wait- you know this girl?" Sero turns back to y/n.

"Yeah..." he says with his usual monotone voice.

Y/n had a pained look on her face, now was her chance to find a way to apologize to Todoroki.

"I'm sensing some tension here..." Sero began, "we were gonna go to a cafe near here l/n, wanna come?"

"Oh uh.." y/n looked in Todoroki's  direction. He was avoiding her gaze.
"...actually yes, I would love to go." She was going to make things better between her and Todoroki no matter what.

"Alright then, we're off!" Sero announces as he wraps his arm over both their shoulders.

The walk there was alright. It was mostly Sero and Y/n talking about anime and manga.

Y/n enjoyed talking to someone who shared the same interests as her. Y/n tried to get Todoroki pulled into the conversation but he would only give one word responses.

The cafe was cute and surprisingly busy. Y/n was not a fan, but at least she was here with a new friend and... hopefully another friend....

"Whataya guys want? I'm ordering!" Sero stated.

"cake." said Todoroki

cake? I didnt know he ate anything other than cold soba.

"I'll have a hot chocolate please." y/n softly smiled at Sero.

"Alright! I'll be back with our drinks!" Sero winked at Todoroki then walked off to the counter to order.

Y/n and Todoroki sat in silence, and awkward one.

Y/n faced the peppermint boy and opened her mouth to speak.
"Todo-"

"I'm sorry." he interrupted.

Y/n stood there in silence. "You're sorry..? But it was my fault." She said in a quiet voice.

"No..." Todoroki began, " I overreacted and lost my temper. I'm sure you could tell by now that I am not very fond of my father. I lashed out on you and shut you out completely. So yes, I'm the one who should apologize."

Y/n was speechless, she waited a moment before speaking up again.

"I'm sorry as well. I shouldn't have been so senseless and assumed anything."

Alright it was now or never...

"Todoroki...the truth is.. I just really wanted to get to know you. You seemed like such a kind and gentle person, which I know you are. I know we've barely talked...but I hope that some day we can become good friends. If I'm being honest-" y/n slapped her hands over her mouth.

"Sorry. I'm rambling aren't I?" she says with her hands over her mouth.

"A little...but I don't mind." he says with a calm voice.

"Anyways," y/n scratched the back of her head.  "what I was trying to say is that I really want to become your friend...if you're okay with that." Y/n looks down to the floor, avoiding Todoroki.

The peppermint boy scratches his cheek with his finger.

"yeah, I'm fine with that."

Y/n smiled to herself. Things were taking a turn for the better. She had patched things up with Todoroki and she had made a new friend!

But moments like these don't last long.

Everything was going smoothly, until a group of girls enter the cafe.