𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡 // 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚙𝚝.𝟷

——————————————————————————

IT WAS MIDNIGHT. This indicated that it was (insert birthdate). Y/n was finally 16 years old, she had stayed up late to treat herself as soon as the time came. You could guess where she was off to so early in the morning.

Her local grocery store.

It was opened for 24 hours, so she could go whenever she wanted. She was buying herself the essential things for a birthday. Cake and birthday candles.

She had never really celebrated with family since her older brother was always busy. As for her parents...

...let's just say her parents weren't the greatest people. Hence why she was living with her older brother.

Neither did y/n really have any friends to celebrate her birthday with. Well, until she had made two new ones. But one: they're probably not up at this time; and two: they go to UA, they probably have a lot of training and studying to do.

Y/n didn't mind, she was used to being alone on her birthday.

Just as she entered the store, she wasn't even shocked when she saw who was standing in front of her.

It was the peppermint boy, standing in front of the cold soba.

Todoroki turned to face her and waves. Y/n starts to walk in his direction.

"Seems like we keep running into each other." He said with his usual monotone voice.

"Yeah," Y/n replies.

"I assume you're getting the usual." She glanced at the cold soba on the shelf.

"Mhm." He replied.

He continued, "are you here to get more ramen?"

Y/n paused for a moment. She remembered the last time they encountered each other here. It was when she was buying almost a whole basket of ramen. The memory embarrassed her a little bit.

"haha. Nope, not this time...what are you doing here so late? Don't you have a bunch of training to do or something?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I'm taking a break. It's not good to push yourself too hard." Explained the two toned boy.

"Oh, yeah you're right..."

"...are you going to be busy today?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to train with my class at the pool later today, why do you ask?"

oh.

Of course he was busy. He did have other friends besides her. Not to mention that he is training to be a pro hero in the future. He needed to dedicate a lot of his time for training and his classes. She couldn't really be mad at him.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just wanted to know." Y/n said in a low voice.

Y/n had also assumed that Sero would be busy as well; Since she knew Todoroki and him were in the same class.

Todoroki went to buy his soba, leaving y/n to buy her things.

"You waited for me?" Y/n said as she exited the store to see her friend waiting for her.

"Yeah, we have to go the same direction for a little bit on the way back. So why not." He said.

They had both arrived at the corner where they had to part ways.

"See you soon I guess." Y/n said bye to her friend as she started to walk towards her house.

"See you." Said the peppermint boy.

Y/n got home and placed her cake in the fridge. As for the candles, she just stuck them in one of the drawers.

She decided to reserve the cake for tonight. Surely her brother would remember that it was y/n's birthday. The least he could to was drop in for cake.

Y/n still dreaded the fact that her only friends weren't available today. Which is probably why the walk home with Todoroki wasn't very lively. It was mostly her that started the conversations anyways.

Guess it was another day to herself.

Just as y/n was walking up the stairs to go to bed, she heard the front door open...

AN: sorry lol this chapter was going to be much longer than I thought so I'm splitting it in two!