CH 3: Song For Him

Midnight
He came and picked her up, no moonlight
Long drive
Could end in burning flames or akumatised
His birthday ruined, oh
It's been a while since we have even heard from you (heard from you)
And she should just tell him to leave 'cause she
Knows exactly where it leads, but she
Betrayed her promise and breaks his heart

He got that James Dean daydream look in his eyes
And he got that deep voice, good choice, the things that we like
And when an Akuma attacked, he's still the charming one
'Cause he never goes out of art, he never goes out of art

He got that red hair, slicked side, striped t-shirt
And he got that sweet smile, green eyes, and talented
And when an Akuma attacked, he's still the charming one
'Cause he never goes out of art, he never goes out of art

(Inspired by Style - Taylor Swift)

She... actually sang the song about me. I was so emotional when I thought about the lyrics, but I was happy too. At least she said that I have a sweet smile.

"That is so beautiful!" Rose praised her. (y/n) just giggled.

"See, she said that you're charming," Marinette whispered.

I can't stop blushing, I even pretended to draw something else to hide my red face.

"How did you know so much about the Evillustrator?" Marinette asked (y/n). She was really asking to be smacked by me.

"I read an online comic about him before. It was so cool!" she stated. She... read my comic? Maybe it was just another fan-fictions.

"Well, there were some errors in that song. I'm pretty sure he has turquoise eyes, didn't he?" she was confused.

Marinette smiled at me, she was excited that the Evillustrator got (y/n)'s attention. If she was already excited, can you imagine my feelings? 

"Yeah, he has turquoise eyes. Like him!" Marinette pointed at my eyes. Seriously, Marinette? Seriously?

She smiled again, but cuter than ever. My face turned even redder that I couldn't control it anymore! Although she smiled at Marinette and not me, still.

"Actually, I've written that song for quite a long time ago. I'm glad that you brought it up again today, uh..." (y/n) continued.

"Marinette! Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Marinette introduced herself to (y/n).

"Yeah, I'm glad that you brought that up today, Marinette. Thank you," (y/n) thanked her.

(y/n) wrote that song quite a long time ago? Did she catch feelings for him? Or it was all just my fantasies? I'm pretty sure it was my fantasies.

"Anyway, Rose, what song will you sing for the Clara Nightingale's contest?" (y/n) asked. 

"We were thinking of Olivia Rodrigo, how about that?" Rose answered.

(y/n) looked at Luka, he just nodded. She then started to strum the guitar Luka's passed to her just now.

"So when you're gonna tell her, that we did that too? She thinks it's special, but it's all reused," she sang again. Is she a singer or a musician in her school? Why is she so good at it? But she said music is just her hobby, what could possibly be that one thing that took over her passion? She must be really good at that too!

"Amazing," Juleka said. Rose agreed with her.

"Thanks, Juleka," 

Aww, that smile again. I love how a smile couldn't stop appearing from her lips. She didn't need any makeup to make her beautiful, because her smile does the work for her.

"(y/n) actually isn't here just to help us. She has works to do," Luka said.

Works? What works? Why did she come to Paris if not to help the Kitty Section? What was her main reason? Defeating Shadow Moth with Ladybug and Cat Noir? The choker! What if she is a Miraculous holder from London? Could that be possible?

"Luki! Shh!" she reminded Luka to remain quiet. What is she hiding from us? Luka, we need to know!

"Why is she looking so suspicious?" Marinette whispered at me and Alya.

"What? You wanna say she's a villain?" me being myself, jumped to the conclusion as usual. 

"It could be," Alya said.

"No! I mean... she's cute, sweet and all, how could she be a villain?" I defended her. My heart would seriously break again if she was actually a villain. Please no, she's really nice!

"Who knows? Maybe you're just blind because you like her, or maybe it was your bangs," Marinette exposed my secret to Alya without even realising.

"Nate, you like her?" Alya asked. Oh, no. I shouldn't follow Marinette in the first place. Everyone knows how clumsy she could be.

Blind? That blonde dude of yours was a lot blinder! 

"No! I... I just..." not the stutter again! Come on, Nathaniel Kurtzberg!

"Just what?"

Gah! (y/n)... heard us? This day couldn't get any worse!

"Uh... just... CHORES! I have to help my mom, see y'all at school!" I couldn't manage sitting there anymore. I left and ran faster than Adrien saying Marinette is just a friend.

What should I do? Did she actually hear our conversation? What if she thought Marinette is not a good friend because she heard the villain accusation? Ah, my mind is mixed up!

I hid behind a tree before I went back home to get some oxygen that I lost during the stutter. I heard their talk since the tree was pretty near to the boat.

"Is he... okay?" (y/n) asked.

"Yeah, he's... totally fine. He's a hardworking person so maybe he's quite busy right now. Hehe," Marinette awkwardly giggled.

"Oh, I was about to ask him about my pen. I think he accidentally took it as well," (y/n) took out a pen from her hoodie's pocket. 

Wait, that's my pen! If she had my pen, that meant that I have been using her pen all along? 

I took out the pen in my bag, it has a little "(the first letter of your name)" sign on it. Dang it, this is actually hers!

I wanted to return it, but I already made myself an excuse to leave. She must be thinking that I was stalking her if I came back to return it. It's just a pen, right? I could return it later.

I decided to walk home after that disaster. At least, she made a song about me! I mean, the Evillustrator.

About Marinette? Maybe I should go and talk to her tomorrow at school. Or maybe I should force her to bring me more macaroons as my "shame support". Yeah, macaroons sounded better.