CH 6: The Smile

Today is the day! The Kitty Section is going to perform at Clara Nightingale's competition at the Grand Palais Hotel. The theme was given a few days ago, all the participants have to sing about an akumatised villain. The Kitty Section members agreed to perform (y/n)'s Evillustrator song.

"I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared!" (y/n) was really panic.

"Calm down, (y/n). I told you, you can do it," Luka tried to calm her down.

"Take a deep breath," he continued.

(y/n) put her hands down and followed Luka's instructions. She slowly took a deep breath. In and out.

"What if Clara hates my song?" her panic attacked her again.

"Who would hate such a masterpiece?" Marinette cracked.

"You... think so?" she asked.

"Of course, you are the best songwriter, (y/n)," Mylene said.

"Yeah, it's cool to hear you write a sweet song for a villain," Alix said while looking at me to tease me.

"You're awesome," Juleka said.

"I bet the Evillustrator will fall in love with you after he heard the song," Alya said while teasing me as well.

Gosh, stop exposing me!

"Awesome, a civilian from London has an affair with a Parisian supervillain," Nino said.

"You should make a movie from that, for sure," Alya supported Nino.

"Ooh, I prefer a comic book out of that instead," (y/n) turned excited all of the sudden.

"What do you say, Nathaniel?" Marinette raised her left eyebrow. Why is everyone keep exposing me?

"Uh, yeah. We should do a comic book instead," I awkwardly said.

"Amazing!" (y/n) accidentally shouted, making all the people backstage startled.

"Uh, sorry," she scratched her head.

"We all better get ready. The show is about to start," Luka changed the topic. Thank goodness, no more teasing!

"Good luck!" we wished them.

"Thank you!" they answered.

(y/n) took the microphone, Luka and Juleka grabbed their electric guitars, and Ivan took his drum sticks. 

"What would you say if you meet the Evillustrator?" Luka asked (y/n) while they were walking to the participants waiting room.

"Oh, I found all my inspiration thinking about you," (y/n) sang dramatically, making the Kitty Section members laugh. (Credit: Love Song - Why Don't We ♥)

Only if (y/n) knew, she met the Evillustrator every single day.

"Let's go, we should grab the front seats," Marinette said.

We then left backstage and found ourselves seats in the front row, behind the judges.

Clara, Jagged Stone, and Mr Banana were the judges. But, don't worry. Jagged promised to judge the participants fair and square even though his children's band would perform too.

Marinette's phone suddenly rang.

"It's a video call from Rose!" she was excited and immediately picked up the call.

"Hi, Rose!" we greeted her. She was still in the hospital.

Poor Rose, she wanted to perform in front of Clara Nightingale so bad. But, the strength and positivity she has made her accept her fate.