CH 4: Best Birthday Ever

"Why are you always hiding from me? Did I do something that broke your heart?"

"What? No! You're the nicest and the sweetest girl I've ever met. I... love you,"

"Aww, Nate. I love you too!"

KRING!

It was all just a dream? Oh, no. I've must be thinking about her too much that she came into my dream. 

I looked around my bed, there's a lot of papers all over. I drew more of (y/n)'s portrait that I was so exhausted and I fell asleep with the papers.

I changed my view to the clock, it is 8.20! I'm late for school!

I immediately took a 10 seconds shower and grabbed a slice of bread for breakfast. I put all of (y/n)'s portraits in my bag and rushed to school with the bread I held with my mouth.

I ran into my class and bumped into Adrien.

"Nathaniel? Are you okay? I'm sorry," he was concerned.

"Oh, no. I am sorry," I admitted, it was actually my fault.

"Nathaniel! Happy birth- Aah!"

Yeah, Marinette was late to school as well, and she tripped. Lucky for her, Adrien was there to catch her, preventing her from falling. That was actually cute, not gonna lie.

"I... I'm sorry," Marinette was being herself with Adrien again.

"It's okay, Marinette. What is that?" Adrien saw her was holding a box.

"This? Oh, it's for Nath. Happy birthday!" she passed me the box.

Wow, I didn't expect she remembers my birthday. Even I forgot about it since the moment I saw (y/n) yesterday.

"But don't worry! You can have the whole bakery," Marinette said to Adrien, making him laugh.

"Thanks, Marinette," he placed his hand on her shoulder. I could see how awkward Marinette's smile was.

I opened the box she gave me. More macaroons! I guessed I shouldn't ask her to pay my "shame support" yesterday.

"Thank you, Marinette!" I was so excited to receive my first birthday present for this year. She just nodded with a smile.

"Oh, and happy birthday, Nathaniel," Adrien wished for me too.

"Boo!"

Alix! She laughed at me because I was shocked when she popped out of nowhere.

"Happy birthday, tomato! Guess what I got for you," Alix asked.

"Er... I don't know. Another sketchbook?" I guessed.

"Nope! The new Sapphire's comic series!" she pulled out the new comic.

What? I was gonna buy it by myself and she already bought it for me? This is the best birthday ever! 

"No way! Seriously? Thank you so much!" I was so excited that I almost dropped Marinette's macaroons.

"Well, since you have been talking about it a lot lately," she answered.

I quickly opened the comic book and read the first chapter's title, "Wicaricaturist". Interesting, I must read it as soon as possible!

"Have you checked your phone messages?" Alix suddenly asked.

"Not yet. Why?" I asked her back.

"Marc sent you a video, wishing you your birthday. He apologised for not being in Paris during your birthday," Alix said. Oh, yeah. Marc flew to Ireland last night with his father.