CH 9: Prom Night

"As we all know, tonight is our school prom night. I hope everyone can come and bring their partner tonight. It will be held at Grand Palais Hotel," Miss Bustier announced.

I completely forgot about the prom! Who am I going to ask? (y/n)? Would she even go out with me?

The bell rang. It was lunchtime.

I walked to the cafeteria alone as usual with my sketchbook.

"Hey, Nath!" Marinette chased my steps.

"You will come to Couffaine's houseboat today, aren't you?" she asked.

"Of course," I said.

"So... you're going to ask (y/n) to prom?" Marinette smirked.

"I... don't know," I stared at the ground.

"Just try, maybe she will," Marinette said.

I smiled and nodded. I then walked away to line up to get my lunch.

I opened a blank page in my sketchbook and started daydreaming.

Going to prom with (y/n) would be a dream. She knew I was the Evillustrator now, but I don't know if she'll go to prom with me.

She has a crush on Evillustrator, not me. We're completely different even though we are the same person. But, who knows?

"Adrikin! I have told my daddy to buy me a gorgeous dress for our prom date tonight!" ugh, Chloe's voice cracked the noises in the cafeteria.

"Uh... yeah... that's nice, Chloe," Adrien giggled awkwardly.

"Urghhhh!" Marinette was standing next to my table, angry with Chloe.

"Just try, maybe he will," I casually teased her.

"I will try!" Marinette stomped her foot.

"You mean, you will stutter?" Alya giggled.

"Alya, help me!" Marinette started panicking.

"Girl, of course, I will," Alya said before they walked away.

Good for her, she has Alya to help her ask Adrien to prom. What about me? Alix? No way. Plus, she's not that close to (y/n) either.

-----

"We are so proud of you, (y/n)!" Rose said.

"Thanks, Rose. I won't succeed without all supports from you guys," y/n smiled.

"I didn't get a chance to sing a pop song, but at least you still can teach me!" Rose said.

"I... wish I can," (y/n) said.

What's wrong? What did she mean by "I wish"? Of course, she can! She's a wonderful girl!

"You wish?" Mylene asked.

"Unfortunately-" (y/n) stopped Luka's words, she wanted to tell it by herself.

"Unfortunately, I'll fly back to London tomorrow evening,"

She... what? She will fly back? But... aren't we just get to know each other?

My heart was breaking once again when she announced her leaving.

"What? But why? You aren't happy to be here?" Marinette asked.

"Of course, I do. Nobody has ever treated me like you guys treat me. But, I'm still a 16 years-old teenager who has school too. My exam is coming, I have to fly back. Besides, my work here is done. I did what I had to and I had performed at Clara's contest," (y/n) explained.