Chapter 2: Goodbye Paris!

"Marinette, time for school." tikki whispered quietly into her holder and friends ear. Sleep nowadays was rare for the poor girl, so she didn't want to wake her up. She only got an average of 8-9 hours of sleep a week, so she was severely sleep-deprived. Marinette sighed.

"I know Tikki", she said sadly. "you know what? i'm asking my parents today. I need to get out of here. I can't live like this." 

"It pains me too Marinette", tikki replied sadly.

Slowly Marinette got up and got ready for the day. Her silky black/blue hair had grown very long,  now reaching up till her lower back. She had grown a bit taller, though she accepted the fact that she was never going to be very tall. She had slender curves and with a beautiful face with soft pink lips a little nose and eyes with such a beautiful shade of blue there was no name for it. Over the the years, those eyes which were once bright and radiated happiness, had dimmed. It was like a beautiful sunny day day covered up by dark storm clouds, water threatening to fall, but it never did. Bottling her emotions had taken a toll on her mental health. Now even if she wanted to let out her emotions she wouldn't even know how.

She had changed her style too. Before she wore bright clothes but now they were quite dark colours, as if she wanted to blend in and disappear. She decided on a black shirt with dark blue jeans and hair in a messy bun.

 She decided on a black shirt with dark blue jeans and hair in a messy bun

Hair still black/blue

Taking a croissant from the table, she silently she walked to the hell hole she called school, occasionally waving back to those who said hello. Luckily she managed to get the class room unscathed. She did not need another trip to the hospital now, she visits so much she knows all the doctors names. It is nice to know them as you feel more comfortable, but still quite sad. She now sat at the back alone, liela in her old seat, and nathaniel in Adrien's old seat. He was on nobody's side, just minding his own business and in his own world. Next the teacher came in. Ms Bustier was on maternity break with her new baby girl, Lily, who she often visited. She was a copy of her mum, with red hear and turquoise eyes.

Her replace, Adèle Bassett was not even close to as good a teacher. She was ignorant to class problems, and pushed most of the work on the class president, her. 

Around 5 mins later the rest of the 'akuma class' as the rest of the school has dubbed them, started entering the class. Thank God the teacher was already there. The class was fairly basic, just revision for the small test coming up, most of the lesson was spent sketching commissions. There was assembly after the lesson, so she waited until everyone had exited the room until she got up and quickly walked out, dodging Kim and Alix trying to trip her.

She wasn't the clumsy, forgetful girl she was before, due to muscle memory from her being ladybug, and some of her powers seeping into her civilian form, she was quite strong and definitely capable of defending herself.. 

When she got to the assembly hall, she saw the usual, the sheep trying to get a seat near liela, the school looking at them as if they were mad, which they probably were, and watching to see where she would sit so that they could sit close to her. She sat down on the 3rd row from the front, and immediately everyone else tried to get a seat somewhere near there. The 2 people sitting opposite her were smiling kindly, a boy with brown hair and soft hazel eyes and and a girl with red hair and beautiful green eyes. She couldn't help but smile at them. Their eyes widened at the sight and their smiles brightened too. She really had a beautiful smile.

The assembly was hosted by the principal who was explaining a Scholarship opportunity in Gotham Academy, a prestigious school in the States. This interested Marinette, she wanted to move, why not to Gotham? Her grandma had a friend in Gotham too of she remembered correctly. The assembly ended and they all got to class safely.

That was when liela started spewing lies about her precious 'damiboo' who was a childhood friend in Gotham, and they had an on and off relationship for years. 

"who is damiboo lila?" alya asked.

"why Damian Wayne of course Alya!" 

"You mean the son of the billionaire Bruce Wayne?? OMG that's so cooolll."

The rest of the class started tittering as well.

Marinette sighed quietly, the fact that hurt the most wasn't even that they believed the lies. It was that they used to be her best friends.

Unfortunately a certain liar saw Marinette at the back and said,

"i bet marinette isn't happy thought, " she sighed with fake sadness, "she's probably jealous of me" she continued, a fake tear rolling down her makeup covered face. (go die in a pit liela)

The tabloid reporter replied, " who cares what that idiot thinks lila, don't worry we're here."

"thanks guys i'm so lucky to have friends like you."

followed by a bunch of 'awwww's and 'we're lucky to have you too's liela.

That was when alya approached and raised her hand, 'oh no here we go,' marinette thought. She blocked the slap and simply said, 

"fu** off alya just go away." and walked out of the room. It was a Saturday so it was a half day, meaning she could go home and have a chat with her parents.

timeskip

"Maman, Papa, we need to talk." 

She told them everything. Not ladybug of course, but everything else. The bullying, and her plans to move away and the scholarship. A single tear escaped her eyes, which she quickly wiped away.

"oh sweetie, oh my darling girl, i- i'm sorry, i never knew, i should have done something" her mother said. She was shaking out of regret, anger, sadness. Her father simply stared at his hands, "all this time marinette, all this time, of course we would have let you move away, you should have said something!" he said in a exasperated voice.

She stared at them shocked, and hugged then tightly. She whispered,

"thank you, i really don't know i would do without you."

"You nona has a friend in Gotham, provided you get the scholarship, maybe a change of pace is what you need right now.

timeskip

The scholarship consisted of an exam and an interview. She passed through both of them quite easily and now she awaited the email with the results. There were a lot of people entering so she didn't allow herself to get too excited or hopeful, fearing it would lead to disappointment. There was a notification on her phone. She took a deep breath and opened it.

Dear Miss Marinette Dupain Cheng,

We are delighted to inform that out of the many entrants for the Gotham Academy Scholarship you have won. The necessary information including the....

she won.

SHE WON.

She stood up and breathed slowly, processing..

"I'M GOING TO GOTHAM!" she screamed as she danced around the room in pure glee. Tikki looked at her dear holder and friend and smiled. Its been.. a long time since she has ever been this happy. she was getting out of here.