Chapter 3: Hello Gotham!

She had only told close friends and family that she would be leaving. Her Nonna (grandma) told her she would be staying with a good friend of hers, Alfred Pennyworth. Audrey Bourgeouis, who she had become surprisingly close too, gave her a car as her going away gift, yes she knew how to drive, she started learning the day she became 16, as she figured it would be a useful skill.

 Audrey Bourgeouis, who she had become surprisingly close too, gave her a car as her going away gift, yes she knew how to drive, she started learning the day she became 16, as she figured it would be a useful skill

nice right?

Jagged, Penny and Clara were also there. They didn't know what to get her, Jagged opting for a penthouse but when Marinette told him she had a place to stay already, they bought her a first class ticket instead. He had become an uncle to her, and Marinette his 'honorary niece'.

She took the miracle box with her, and kept it close in her carry-on, along with a sketch pad and pencils and some headphones. As the box couldn't be detected be technology, it was fairly easy to check in and board the plane

timeskip to the plane

The flight was comfortable, when Marinette wasn't sketching, she actually managed to get some sleep. When she got of the plane, she was greeted by a kind looking man.

"Are you Monsieur Pennyworth?" she asked politely, and he nodded with a smile. He seemed trustworthy, and she felt weirdly comfortable with him. 

"Would you like for me to help with the bags Miss?"

"No thank you, i got them, and please call me Marinette" she replied.

Flashback

"TODD GIVE ME BACK MY KATANA OR I SWEAR I CUT YOU UP SO BRUTALLY NO-ONE WILL RECOGNISE YOU"

"Master Damian please do not threaten to kill your brothers so early in the morning." 

This family was something he gotta admit that, but he loved them all the same.

"Alright lil'd here you go" he said teasingly.

"Master Timothy that is your 3rd coffee today that is enough"

"I need my coffee Alfreddd" replied the coffee addict.

"I need to go run some errands and when I am back I expect everybody alive and unscathed- yes master damian everyone- and don't worry I will be back by lunchtime. If I am not please feel free to order something and nobody enter the kitchen I do not want a repeat of the doughnut fiasco" he said while Jason's ears turn pink.

After Alfred leaves

"where d'you think he's going" Jason asked Dick.

"i noticed him setting up one of the guest rooms, maybe we have a guest?" Tim said.

timeskip

"Right, it's lunchtime."

"tt, it's 11:59"

"still Alfred should be back by now"

"ok fine, now it is lunchtime"

"alfred's back", dick says, walking into the room.

silence

"how-"

"he's alfred" tim says, as if that explains everything.

They all go up to the front door to meet alfred and the supposed guest.

Mari pov

We pulled up at a hugeeee mansion. 

"Monsieur? Is this it?"

"Yes Marinette"

I was shocked. 

"Are you sure I can stay here, i mean, my uncle can easily buy a house in Gotham and I wouldn't want to impose-" and I started rambling.

Then I saw the door open and some people step out. They all had black hair and blue eyes. Then I spotted someone else standing there, at a bit of a distance, he had black hair and green eyes. Even from a distance I could tell they were all quite handsome, not that it bothered me. Since liela, I suppose I had put up a kind of wall to block out these sort of emotions. They looked quite close. I noticed the green eyed boy studying me closely.

Damian pov

I saw Alfred pull up the limo, and he and a, girl? came out. She looked quite petite with black hair - or was it blue? When she came closer, what shocked me the most was her her eyes. Pools of endless icy blue swirling enticingly, darting around in caution and curiosity. They conveyed expression in a way he had never seen before, looking like a beautiful sunny day covered by dark clouds. This girl had obviously been hurt. But her expression like a blank canvas - or maybe a picture just covered up. She was quite pretty - wait pretty, pull yourself together Damian - . I saw her eyes finally land on us. She didn't look at us like the other harlots in school thank god. I saw faint recognition, and then she looked at us carefully, as if studying us - wait studying us ? -

Marinette walked shyly up to the front door, a small smile gracing her pretty face. At first they looked kind of imposing.

Marinette pov

"Masters, I hope you have been good" he said as if they were children. I heard one of them grumbling about them not being 5. Then he took a step toward me, bent down and stared closely at my face. 2 seconds later he stood straight and told his brothers, 

"Bruce done it again". 

At that she heard 'course', 'i should've expected it', and the one with green eyes simply rolled his eyes, as if he really didn't know why he was here.

Then the boy stuck his hand out and said,

"hi, I'm Jason Todd."

She hesitated for a second before taking it and smiling.

"Marinette Dupain Cheng"

They were all slightly surprised, as this was actually the first time they heard her speak, but they didn't show it. She had a pretty voice, like little ringing bells.

Alfred continued, " No Master Jason, I assure you she has parents. Marinette will be staying with us while she is Gotham."

And at that, they took her inside. The mansion was mostly dark and in a gothic fashion, but cosy in its own way. "Why don't you sit down, I'll make lunch, and then I can show you your room" Alfred told her. Marinette nodded, and they sat down in the main living room. 

"So where did you live before Gotham?" Tim asked.

"I lived in Paris" she replied. "My parents are bakers there. Their bakery's quite popular actually"

The next 15 mins when by in conversation. Marinette kept her answers vague, but not to the point where they could get suspicious. And whenever they would ask about her school she would cleverly find her way out of it. She never boasted about anything, and didn't tell them about her alter egos or connections or anything like that. Not yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone, it ur author, just wanted to say a big thanks for the people reading and pls do vote and comment, it's nice to hear your thoughts on my story! ♥♥♥

1100 words