Chapter 12: Riddler!

It was now Tuesday, the akuma class had a free day today, to go shopping for the Wayne Gala, which was on Friday night, and they would be leaving on Monday. Lila had practically begged her mum for some money to buy a dress that didn't look cheap. She and her sheep were trailing her through the mall when there was a BANG! And what she saw was... shocking.

_________________________________________________________________________

Flashback

Mari pov

I didn't know why but woke up a bit earlier than usual that morning. I put on my uniform and started to make breakfast. Alfred wasn't there yet, so I started on my own.

"Good Morning Marinette" Alfred said walking into the dining room, with the rest of the family walking in sleepily behind him.

"Good morning everyone" she replied with a smile.

"Happy Birthday Marinette," he said and walked out of the room. 

"What? It's not my birthd-" I checked my phone and saw all the 'happy birthday' messages on my phone.

"Oh, thanks Alfred." I said sheepishly. Birthdays weren't that big of a deal for me anymore, so it was normal for me to forget, but still, it was kind of sad. Jason on the other hand looked shook.

"How the hell do you forget your birthday??" I shrugged, I really didn't know how to answer that.

"How old are you today?" 

"17"

"Well," Selina said, "if today's your 17th birthday I'm taking you shopping, my treat"

"You really don't have too," I said, "I haven't been shopping in a while though..."

"You will come willingly or I will personally drag you there." she said, she looked serious.

"Alright then, if you insist."

"Does anyone else want to to join us?" and was immediately met with countless random excuses from the boys.

"Great, anyways how long could it have been since you last went shopping?"

"For myself? Uhm.." I thought about it. I had gone a lot to by fabrics for commissions but for myself, the last time I had gone was

"Bout 3 years now"

"WHAT??" 

"Time for school"

She gratefully stood up.

Timeskip to after school

3rd person pov

"Marinette? You ready to go?"

"I'm coming!" Marinette had just come back from school and was now wearing