Chapter 4: A UMS3 Showdown!

The lunch cooked by Alfred was delicious. How he had made all the food in 15 minutes was beyond her, but she didn't worry about it. Something told her this was normal, considering nobody was surprised.

"The food was excellent Monsieur" marinette said kindly. 

"Thank you Marinette" He then showed Marinette to her room. It had light pink walls, a beige carpet and a navy blue and white sheeted bed, with a bedside table next to it, with a lamp on top. There was a desk in one corner of the room, and behind that a wardrobe.

"It's perfect, thank you so much" the sincerity in her voice heard clearly throughout. Alfred smiled, "and I'll bring some food down for our little friends too," he said winking.

"Wha-How did you-"

"How is Sass doing by the way?" he asked.

Marinette's eyes widened in understanding and smiled, "why don't you see for yourself?"

she removed the miracle box from her bag and pressed on the spot holding the snake. 

"Greetingssss Massster Pennyworth, it hasss been a long time" the miniature god said flying out of the box.

"Greetings Sass, yes it definitely has, it's good to see you" he said with a smile on his sightly wrinkled face. And with that Sass flew and sat on marinette's shoulder. The kwamis really do care for you, and you them. You are a worthy guardian in every way Ladybug." At that Tikki flew out of her purse and sat on Marinette's other shoulder. And with that he left.

timeskip

It was now 12 in the night and everyone else had already gone to bed around 9. Marinette never got much sleep, also because of jet lag she was wide awake. She sketched some ew designs for commissions for a while, but then decided to go take a walk around the manor. She found her way around fairly easily, Ladybug ensured she had a good sense of direction. When she got to the living room she found Tim also wide awake playing UMS3 (Ultra Mega Strike 3) on the TV. She leaned her shoulder against the wall.

From what she could see, he was actually quite a good player.

"You know instead of a triple kick, a hyperbeam from a 45 degree angle would caused more damage and you could have gained more XP."

Tim turned around, "how come your awake this late" he asked

"I could ask the same to you" she said, and walked over to sit next to him.

"I couldn't sleep" he answered.

"Sounds like we had similar nights" she said.

"do you play?"

"more or less." she said with a smirk

timeskip brought to you by Tim's brutal loss

"WHAT THE FUCK HOWWWWW" 

Tim let out an unholy shriek waking up everyone else in the manor.

"Language Master Tim" said the unshakeable Alfred.

"Where's the fire?!" said a half asleep Jason.

"drake you had better have a good reason for waking us up or so help me" threatened a grumpy Damian.

Dick just walked in, dropped onto the sofa and fell asleep.

"SHE BEAT ME! SHE BEAT ME AT UMS3" and pointed at a laughing Marinette.

This definitely caught the attention of everyone except Damien, who huffed and sat down in a chair, visibly annoyed.

"Move over Tim my turn!" a now wide awake Jason said.