Chapter 9: The Capture

"Okay, I think we've left them behind," huffed out Ara, as they kept on running.

They had strayed a, probably, long way into the forest, which Ara swore was a small wood when she first saw it. 

 Before either of them could answer, a loud bang reverberated from Shitball.

A large circle formed at a distance, its bright shine blinding their eyes for a few moments. 

"Tell me I am not the only seeing that," blinked Kani, slowing down. 

Kai, on the other hand, stumbled a bit to stop herself, but her momentum betrayed her. She stepped onto the wet root of a tree and fell into the bright hole.

"WHAT THE GOOOOSE," she managed to squeak out, and diappeared.

"You're not," replied Ara, "Hey Kai, HEY," She shouted as Kai fell on her front and tumbled into the, INTO THE MOTHERHUGGING PORTAL.

"KAI!" shouted Kani and grimacing ran after her into the portal, which shone a little darkly before changing its color back to a faded green. Ara's features clouded up in confusion before she sighed and stepped into the portal. The three girls into its clutches, the portal flared and was about to disappear when a shadow stepped out into the clearing. He lifted his arms, covered in midnight hued circlets, and forced the portal to hold till he entered into it and disappeared.

--------------------------------------------

The two fell headfirst into a soft patch of grass. 

"Oooow," groaned Ara, pushing off the other and getting up, examining their surroundings.

The forest shone in a variety of olive hues, the colors standing out more vividly than before. Beautiful to their human eyes, but dangerous more so. Shades of all colors filled the small clearing from every side, a pinkish flower being common.

"Blistering bansheeeeesh," Kai stood up shakily, and shaked off the dirt, her eyes adjusting faster to their abnormal surroundings.

"Bloody hell, is this the same forest?" Kai walked around the small clearing, touching the leaves and trunks of the trees, to make sure it wasn't an illusion.

Ara shook her head, and looked back at the seemingly normal patch of air from where they'd fallen into this 4K TV, when a horrifying realization hit her.

"Hey," Ara's voice rose an octave, "Kani isn't here,"

Kai whipped around and took a onceover at the whole place, looking back at her friend with wide eyes. 

"HANDS UP, BOTH OF YOU," a loud, gravelly voice startled them. Behind them, stood an army of soldiers dressed in onyx and canary, holding up spears angled at their necks. The first soldier's trained cerulean eyes landed on them with scrutiny, lingering a little longer on Kai's dyed red and green neon hair with a very judgemental gaze.

The duo froze. 

A moment passed and then two, the only sounds in the clearing were the mad beats of their hearts and the sheen of the sharp tips of their weapons. Slowly, Ara raised her hands in the air, "Um, we don't mean any harm, good sirs," She backed up dragging Kai with her. But fate had other plans.

Kai snatched her hands angrily from Ara, "HEY, YOU PEACOCKS, PUT THOSE STUPID STICKS DOWN," 

The leader raised an elegant eyebrow. 

"OUR FRIEND JUST GOT KIDNAPPED AND WE FELL OUTTA HOLE IN THE SKY INTO THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLACE, WHERE THE HELL EVEN ARE WE?" She pointed at them and waved her hands at the clearing.

Ara shut up her friend's mouth with her palms, "Uh, so we'll be on our way, thank you,"

The cerulean guy sighed and snapped his fingers, seemingly tired and expecting this to happen, "Tch, humans," he muttered.

All of a sudden, Kai fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

"KAI!" Ara hands held her shoulders, shaking her and glared at the perpetrator.

The leader's bored voice floated as he walked away, "Capture them."

Ara listed the first 'to-be' kill in her hit list.

"I hope you step in water with your socks on," Kai's strangled voice sounded out, laced with pain.