Past

Narrator POV
Rina was held by there mother at birth, then that was the last interaction they ever had. The moment the doctor left the room where Ms. Juryoku gave birth, she vanished. Rina laid on there back wrapped in a blanket on the little stand where they weighed rina. Once the doctor came back in and noticed she was gone she called in mr and ms.kai rinas uncle and aunt, they were rinas new guardians.
               6 years old rina living with there uncle and aunt, they wondered where there dad was. Rina was already told about there mom but nothing about there dad.

"Uncle" Rina said tugging on his shirt while he did something on his computer.

"Yes rina what is it?"

"Where's dad?"
It was silent, nothing but the birds chirping outside.

"Your dad is no where to be found now go play with your toys" he demanded.
Rina knew nothing about either of their parents, only that they 'were no where to be found'  Rina always wondered why they weren't aloud to know anything but of information about their parents. The only thing Rina ever was told about them was that them and their parents shared a special last name, juryoku.
                 Rinas aunt was watching the news, rina had no clue what was going on really all they cared about was there toy they were playing with until they heard a name broadcasting on the tv.

"Mr. Juryoku-"
The tv was shut off right at that, right as rina turned there head to look at the tv it was shut off. There aunt walked out of the living room taking the remote with her.
After that rina never stopped thinking about there parents and why there last name made there guardians so mad, rina decided to ask why no one ever talked about rinas parents but after mentioning it both their aunt and uncle scolded them for bringing up the juryoku's. Rina then asked what was so wrong with there last name and why it was a 'bad' term. They were yelled at for that too.
                        Just as rina thought things couldn't get much worse or confusing they started seeing stuff.

(Scenario)
I stepped off the bus and looked forward to see home at the end of the street. I just got out of school and was walking home when I encountered something strange on the side of the road. I walked over to it, I thought it was an animal in need of help but once I got close it started floating. I ran as fast as I could home hoping it wouldn't follow me. I told uncle and aunty about it and they told me if I ever saw something like that again to just ignore it. I wasn't sure what it was but I did what they told me and from that day forward I never tried to go close to those things ever again.
(End of scenario)

Rina continued to see those weird blob things floating around till they moved to a different part of the town where there were less creatures. At the age of 12 rina got too curious about there last name and decided to search the name on their uncle's computer.

"Juryoku family"

Rina typed in and clicked the first and only link that came up, it read that the name was to never be spoken off, and was bad luck if you did speak of it. Rina didn't believe that it was bad luck but they did believe that you shouldn't speak of it. But why? Why wasn't Rina aloud to say there own last name? It didn't make much sense.
Age 13 Rina entered 8th grade, they tried there best to stop obsessing over there parents and family name and just continue life. Rina always felt left out though, almost ever grade until 6th on Mother's Day and Father's Day they had no one to send cards to or make stuff for, the teachers always told them to make one for their aunt or uncle but Rina never saw them as parents. Rinas friends would also ask about their parents a lot when hanging out at rinas house, rina had to explain that 'they just weren't here' every time.

15 years of age and that's when rinas life changed, they stepped in contact with one of those creatures again after not seeing one for almost 4 years. It didn't even look like the creatures they've seen before it was much bigger and trying to attack them instead of just floating there or chasing them. That's when Rina met a raven haired boy that they couldn't take there eyes off of.

"About 7 years old" I said standing up and walking out of the room.

.