Chapter 3: We Need A Plan

A.N. In case it hasn't been made clear yet, the turtles from Rise of the TMNT will sometimes have "Rise" in front of their name to separate them from the 2012 turtles, who will have "2012" in front of their name. The only exception at the moment is Leo, considering both Leos aren't in the same place at the same time. Make sense?

            Okay, enjoy the chapter!

———————————————————————————
            Rise Mikey and 2012 Leo entered the lab to see all the other turtles surrounding the Donnies at the lab table.

"Well? Have you figured out a way to get them home yet?" Leo asked.

"No, not yet." 2012 Donnie sighed.

Rise Mikey looked down sadly. He still had the sword in his hand. Honestly, it was getting tiring to hold that sword all the time.

"All right. Well, we need to get them home, so if you could work a little faster, D, that'd be great." Leo said to his brother.

"I'm working as fast as I can, Leo! We know little to nothing about their dimension, let alone how to build a portal to it!" Donnie shouted.

"Well... work harder!" Leo said sternly.

Donnie rolled his eyes and got back to work.

"Mikey, follow me." Leo gestured for Rise Mikey to follow him, which he does.

"Here. You can borrow this. It'll make it easier to hold that sword." Leo handed Mikey one of those sheath-type things, like the one he has to hold his katanas.

"Thanks, Leo." Mikey smiled as he put it on and put the sword in it.

"No problem. Now let's go back and join the others." They walked back to join the others once more, hoping they had figured out something, but from the look on both Donnies' faces, they hadn't.

"Okay, would you three kindly step out of the room for a moment? I need to have a talk with my brothers." Leo asked the Rise turtles.

The three turtles left the room as they were told to and Leo turned back to his brothers.

"Okay, guys. It's really important that we help them get home really soon. Their brother is in the hands of someone evil. Who knows what could happen to him? And we all know how we felt when we lost Master Splinter... I don't want these guys to have to go through that same pain as we did... We have to do everything in our power to make sure we get their brother back safely. Which is why it's crucial that Donnie finds a way to get them home really soon. Understand?" Leo explains.

"Of course, Leo. Losing Master Splinter was one of the worst pains I've ever felt. I also don't want these dudes to have to go through that." Mikey answered.

Raph and Donnie nodded in agreement. Donnie spoke up, "I truly am baffled, though. I have no idea how to get them back home."

"Well, keep working on it, Donnie." Leo ordered.

Donnie nodded and Leo moved to let the other turtles know they could come back in now.

Leo spoke to them once they re-entered the room, "don't worry, guys. We're going to get you back home and we ARE going to save your brother. We just need a plan..."

Meanwhile... in the Rise dimension

            Leo woke up. At least, he thought he was awake. It was hard to tell. It was just... darkness... A black void all around him... He looked around.

            "Hello...?" He called out, only to receive his own voice as an echo in return.

            He saw a light in the distance.

            Perhaps... a way out of the dark void that surrounds him...?

            He moved closer, towards the light.

            He moved closer...

            And closer...

            And closer...

            And closer...
———————————————————————————
A.N. I survived my first day of school today! But now I can't sleep so I decided to write the next chapter before I went to bed! Even though it is way past my bedtime and I have school tomorrow... heheh... 😅 Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! And sorry this chapter isn't as long as the other ones!