Chapter 7: Back Home (Finale)

Mikey jumped back as a portal opened. He looked down at the sword, then at the portal.

          "Guys!" He called everyone back in there.

          They all came back into the dojo and gasped.

          "You got a portal open?!" Rise Raph asked his little brother in shock and excitement.

          "Yeah, but I have no idea where it leads. Or how it opened. I don't know what just happened." Mikey explained, looking at the sword.

          "So... does anyone wanna go through it to see where it leads?" 2012 Raph asked.

          "I guess I will?" Rise Mikey said. He took a deep breath and stepped through the portal, with his oldest brother telling him to be careful.

          Mikey stepped to the other side of the portal. He gasped, "home... our home dimension!"

          He stepped back through the portal and yelled to his older brothers excitedly, "guys! It leads back to our home dimension!"

          "Well that's convenient." Rise Donnie said.

          "Huh. Guess we should get going then before the portal closes. Thanks for your help, guys." Raph thanked the 2012 turtles.

          "Anytime. If you ever need anything, you know where to find us, and your brother clearly knows how to make a portal here at will, so we aren't out of reach." Leo said.

          Raph nodded and him and his brothers stepped through the portal as the portal closed behind them.

          "All right, guys. Now our main priority is finding Leo. Looks like we portalled back to where we fought Big Mama." Raph said.

          "Hm. Maybe we should call April and see if she happens to know anything." Mikey suggested.

          "Good idea, Michel." Donnie said as he took out his phone and called April. He put it on speaker phone so his brothers could hear and converse with April as well.

          Meanwhile...

          April had just finished bandaging Leo up when her phone started ringing.

          She picked up her phone and checked the caller ID. She looked at Leo and told him, "it's Donnie."

          "Answer it!" Leo said eagerly.

          "Okay, okay." April answered the phone and put it on speaker.

          "Hey, Donnie." She said into the phone.

          "April, we have a bit of a problem." Donnie said casually.

          April looked at Leo and then said into the phone, "let me guess. It's about Leo."

          "Yes, actually. How did you know?" Donnie asked.

          "Yeah, no need to worry. He's right here with me in the lair. He is totally fine." April said.

          She handed the phone to Leo so he could confirm to his brothers that he is alive.

          "Yeah, don't worry. I'm alive. A little beat up and sore, but alive." Leo said casually into the phone.

          "Leo! Oh, thank goodness!" Mikey's voice came through the phone.

          "We're on our way home, brother." Raph's voice also came through the phone.

          "Got it. I'll see you guys in a little bit." Leo said. He hung up the phone.

          "You know your brothers are probably going to be furious at you, right? They probably found out that you kept a huge secret from them." April pointed out.

          "Yeah, I know. But I can handle it." Leo said.

          About 20 minutes pass and Raph, Donnie, and Mikey arrive home.

          They enter the lair and Mikey immediately runs up and hugs Leo. Tightly, but not too tight so as not to hurt him.

          "We were so worried!" Mikey said.

          "Oh, don't worry, Miguel. I'm fine." Leo smiled at his little brother.

          "Okay, good. Now... what were you thinking?! You kept a huge secret from us?! We made a promise!" Mikey said, sounding hurt.

          Leo felt horrible for that, but he owed them an explanation. He sighed before explaining, "I didn't tell you guys because I didn't want you to think I was a failure. And I only snuck out because I didn't want any of you to know that I was training with my sword, trying to better my skills, since I suck at it. Then I ended up in that other dimension and everything happened and I got back home before you all woke up." Leo explained.

          "Leon, we would never think you were a failure. You're our brother and we love you." Mikey hugged Leo again.

          "And we are all so glad that you're okay." Raph added as he joined the high.

          "Yeah. Emotions aren't normally my thing, but we were all so worried." Donnie joined the hug as well, which is unusual for him, but he did really miss his brother.

          "I'm sorry for not telling you guys..." Leo apologized as he hugged his brothers back.

          "It's okay, but no more secrets, okay?" Mikey said.

          Leo nodded. "I love you guys."

          "We love you too!"

———————————————————————————
A.N. That was the end of this story! Stay tuned because I will have another story going up either tonight or tomorrow! I hope you enjoyed! Bye!