A New Beginning

The next day me, Jim, and Toby are walking through the school. Whilst Toby and Jim are talking about whether Jim's gonna kick Steve's ass or not. Im off in my own little world. Because once I awoke this morning I realized I would also have to decide whether or not to fight. Whether or not to accept the amulet. However once I started considering my options there, my mind started wondering over to why the amulet split into two just for me. Why did it choose two human hunters in the first place. Why it gave me the Eclipse Armour.

"Does this thing run on batteries?" Toby asked as he peaked into Jim's bag that held the amulet.

His question knocked me back to reality. It also made me realize the area where my amulet sat is weirdly warm.

"Does it feel like your gonna you know- change?"

As Toby's question left his mouth both Jim and I go wide Eyed.

"Oh no-" we both say in unison.

"We gotta get you some place that's not out here!" Toby then pushes us both into the bathroom.

We both proceed to change into our armor as Jim trips and falls backwards. While I slam into a locker almost tipping it over.

"Ok- why did it do that?"

"Well it reacts to our emotional state. So perhaps since we were both in a way worried about the amulet, it thought we were in some kind of danger."

I was about to continue but I was cut short. Due to Mr. Strickler calling for both me and Jim.

"Jim, Y/n are you in here?"

Both me and Jim quickly hide around the lockers. Moving as quiet as possible.

"Keep him out of here!" Jim whispered

"How?"

"Just go!"

"Fine!"

Toby then walked off to try and stall Mr. Strickler. Me and Jim look to eachother for help, as we heard Mr. Stricklers voice grow louder.

'How can I make it look like we both purposefully came to school in armor. And we won't get in trouble for it?'

I look around the room. My eyes quickly falling on a certain poster.

"Jim, follow my lead!"

As Mr. Strickler comes around the corner he sees me and Jim supposedly putting armor on. Jim messing with his knee plate, and me tugging on my breast plate.

"Jim, Y/n I don't beleive that is proper school attire. Do you?"

"Hello Mr. Strickler!" I say trying to take the lead. Hoping Jim catches on.

"Don't worry! I have an explanation."

"I can't wait to hear it." Strickler states with a stern yet curious look.

"You see- I'm a cosplayer! I've honestly had artists block for some time now and it's been really frustrating. That is until Jim told me he was interested in the school play!"

I point at the wall. Mr. Strickler then turns his head to follow my point. Which on the wall is a flyer for the play.

"So he asked me if I could create something for him to wear to tryouts. And I gladly did so. However once I finished his armor I became a little jealous of him- so I created a piece for myself. And so I figured since I now have one too- I figured I'd wear it to his audition, for emotional support if you will."

Mr. Strickler seems surprized at my response. As well as both Jim and Toby.

"Well I must say Y/n, your handy work is most impressive. Not to mention beyond kind. These intricate suits must have taken much of your time."