Goblin

TW: Panic Attack?

Not much has occurred since my painful battle with Draal. At most Jim had to retrieve his amulet from a gnome. And that gnome now occupies a doll house in Toby's home.

Other than that, it's been dull. Much more than expected. Or perhaps that's mearly what I want to think. The mere idea of my next battle with Draal, making practically every bone in my body hurt all over again.

Now Jim and I train with Blinky as frequently as we can. To perhaps prevent our deaths. Or to atleast postpone them.

A dummy springs from the ground, spewing fire in Jim's and my direction. I roll from its flame, careful not to scrape my skin on the blade apon my back. The fire leaving a lingering smell of smoke. As I stand, a dummy emerges further away from me. This time ready to shoot razors. As the blades release, soaring in my direction I block one, then two, then many more. Each clanging off the Eclipse Sword in multiple directions. Jim parallel to me, is at this time defending off numerous small daggers being launched at him by leather figures.

"Always be afraid. Fear heightens your senses. Fear keeps you alive."

As I finish off the last of my dummies, I turn around to see how Jim is doing. As I turn Jim leans on his sword looking at Blinky arrogantly. In return, he's shot in the back with some sort of magic bullet, knocking him to the ground.

"Arrogance gets you killed."

"Ya I'll have to remember that."

I shake my head chuckling.

"Cmere Jim." I walk over and offer him a hand.

I turn at the finish of some more of Blinkys advice, just to be met with a barely blocked metal ball. Jim and I are quickly forced to return to our training.

A group of metal poles fly at Jim. Which he barely ducks.

"-I excel at." He points to the now impaled doll.

"Unfortunately, we must excel at all three." I move over to Jim.

"Precisely! If Trolls are ever going to embrace you as the Trollhunters you must ignore your human-"

The last dummy appears mere feet from Jim and Blinky, knives protruding from its wooden chest. With luck, I glimpse it from the corner of my eye. I rear my sword over my head, and throw the blade. It pierces through what would be the heart of the figure.

"Do that, and I have no doubt that you will defeat Draal!" Blinky says, as he latches onto our shoulders, and brings us into a type of embrace.

As our breathing subtly lowers in intensity, and our hearts slow to a calming pace, we head from the forge to our next undisclosed destination. As my eyes focus on the curiously orange stone path leading to the archway of the entrance, a certain troll walks in. Lumbering in our direction, seemingly rather determined but in an oafish manner. My jaw tightens and I can nearly feel my eyes dilate.

We unconsciously agree to ignore their presence, keeping our eyes almost blindly forward. Though its to be expected for a warrior like himself to train in the forge, its just he of course chose now of all times to do it. The almost magnetic tension between Draal, Jim, and I only seems to grow as we pull closer. With my nerves on high alert, it feels as if my ears are almost cartoonishly moving, the smallest rumble of Draals stone feet against the ground manage to perk them, like a cat hearing a mouse. The rather obnoxious sound of his voice cracks the tension between us. Had my body not been moving nearly on instinct, my feet would have come to a dead stop.

"Look~ it's training. Cute" His head turns on axis as I practically feel the yellow glow of his eyes narrow when he looks us over. The tension seems to stretch over the Forge when our bodies pass, I suck in a subtle breath and hold it in as I urge my body to keep moving. As if to punctuate his presence, he growls at us. Like a dog urging a cat to pounce. My metal gloves dig indents into my palms, every step I take feeling as if the ground beneath my feet will come up with them.