9- My Date

ALFREDA'S POV
I fell asleep, I'm staring up at my complex white ceiling. I sit up and look around the room, its Empty, like my life.

Since El made friends with ryan its like I'm more alone than ever, I always get lonely whenever am alone. Poetic?, I know.

The only question I keep asking myself is how my life became so fucked up, all I've wanted since was to live a life where I'm happy with a boyfriend who loves me as much as I do him, but fate being fate I don't deserve it. I might show a very happy and satisfied character whenever I'm around people but that's not me.

Some of my friends at school advice me that dating again would be the best thing but I don't think I'll be able to do that.
I pick up my laptop and a video call request comes in.

The face I see puts a smile on my face.
"Hey Chloe, how are you?". He says and gives me one of his signature smiles.

"Hi alan. Am fine thanks for asking". I reply saying exactly the opposite of what I feel.

"How's El, how is she coping. How are you coping?....". Alan sighs then runs his hand through his brown hair . "I miss my sisters.". He says and my heart melts. Its been a year since I last saw Alan, and I can't even imagine how he must feel right now.

"We miss you too, the house has not been the same this few years". I tell him and he gives me a sad smile.

"I know. Where is El?". He asks and I sigh.

"She's out".

"Out where?, with a friend?.".

"I think so, there's this guy that she has grown a liking to.".

"What?!.". Alan asks in surprise. "Are you sure you are talking about elfreda wallace?".

"How many elfredas do you know?".

"Two actually...". He says and i roll my eyes. I don't blame him, my sister doesn't make male friends infact she doesn't make friends at all. So hearing she is hanging out with someone she just met is a surprise and a miracle, since he...

"Well that's nice. What about you?, how is jacob?". My little brother asks and my smile vanishes.

"We are not together anymore...." I say almost whispering. Alan's lips curve downwards.

"Did he cheat on you?. Because if that'd the case I will fly over there now and cut his head off with a chainsaw.". A smile makes its way to my lips and Alan chuckles. When alan takes my hair, eyes and kind heart he takes el's wittiness, mind and height.

I'm about to ask him about my grandparents when I hear someone's voice in the background.
"Bernard... You haven't done the dishes". My father's mother says calling alan by his middle name as she comes into view.

"Oh Chloe, how are you?". She asks her raven black hair filled with strands of grey

"Hey ma, am fine. Where is grandfather?".

"Gerald!!". Ma shouts and Alan winces from the sound.

My grandfather comes into view and smiles at me, his hair also filled with grey hair.

"Hi grandpa Gerald". I greet and he nods, he has always been a man of few words.

"Chloe, Where is Bennett?". My grandma asks taking over the screen completely.

"He's in his room, probably sleeping..".

"Tell him that money doesn't grow on trees and that his mum and dad are working hard to pay his fees.". Ma says. I feel like she's lecturing me, I'm not the one missing out on school.