18- Given up

RYAN'S POV

"No.". I pull back breakimg the kiss.

"Why not?. Kiss me, Ryan.". She begs but I shake my head at her.One Dinner at Starbucks doesn't change everything.

"Cleotilde no. I'm going to drop you off home and we're gonna pretend this ever happened.". I tell her and she gets off my lap.

"It's because of that girl right?". She asks me. Staring out the windshield of my car.
"You like her don't you?".

"You have no business with who I liked and who I didn't.!". I snap at her.

"Why would you say such a thing?.". She feigns concern and I roll my eyes annoyed.

"You didn't care when you were 'having evening practices' with your gym coach, so why do you.". I cringe barely able to believe I was kissing her a minute ago.

She doesn't answer so  I start the car and drive to her home. Cleotilde and I ended our relationship about a year ago. She shouldn't even be with me now but she is.

"I'm really sorry Ryan. Just one last time. Tomorrow?.". She asks as she comes down from my car.

"I'll think about it.". Without another word I drive out of her yard and into the streets. I just keep driving not wanting to go home yet. Somehow I find myself in front of the Wallace's residence. I was supposed to ask Elfreda on a date on friday but I bailed.

Once again I put the car in motion, heading home I've had enough stress for the day. My evening closes with me watching Game of thrones with Theresa.
My life sucks.

_

The light from the balcony seeps into the room and wakes me up. I walk towards my grand piano laid strategically on the balcony. Running my hand across the thin layer of dust covering the piano cover, I make a mental note to clean it later.

Sitting on the stool, my fingers find the keys producing the notes to Here's to moving on  by Dashboard confessional.

I can't help but think of Elfreda. I've not been chanced to actually act on my feelings. I should ask her on a date but I just don't know why I keep discouraging myself.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side today.". Rider states. He's clothed in jeans and a button down -Already prepared for school- while I'm still in my pajamas.

"You could say so.". I say closing the cover of the piano. "How was last night?". I recall that he and dad were talking when I came in last night.

And whenever they  talk it's never good, always resulting in one of them mad or both.

"Oh you know. Just dad reminding me how much of a failure I am, and how I could never be could for the company. Blah blah blah.". We chuckle. Rider may joke about it but it actually annoys him. Dad gives him the hardest time to Ride out of all of us. Just because he's the 'heir' to his legacy.

It's just a real estate company.

I get dressed as quick as humanly possible and skip downstairs.

"Good morning Mum". I kiss her on the cheek.

"Morning sweetheart".

"Tessa.". Ruffling her hair with my hand she playfully shoves me off.

"Dad.". He barely raises his head from his tablet.

I take a sit at the table. Dad at the head mom to his right, Rider to his left, me beside Rider and Tessa opposite me.

A super cute furry creature rubs her fur against my leg. How could I forget?

"Morning to you too, kat". I say to the recent addition to the Cooke family. Kat barks and I drop a chicken thigh into her bowl.