Chapter 12

Byeol POV

"It's time to tell everyone" mom says and I nod my head. She gets up and let's everyone in.

"The guys went home" Tanya unni says. Everyone was talking at the same time, shooting their questions at me. As I just waited,they slowly stopped.

"I need to tell everyone something. the reason why Chanyeol Oppa was asked to come home, was because of me" I say. I look up at him.

"Oppa, I'm dying soon" I say.

"W-what are you saying? That's not funny, Byeol- ah" he says.

"It's no joke. I have heart cancer. It's rare but I still caught it somehow. With our current technology, it's incurable" I continue, fighting back my tears.

Chanyeol POV

I can't think straight. I could feel my tears fall down my cheeks. My sister..... my precious baby sister..... is dying?

"But don't think of it as a bad thing!" She suddenly says with a smile. I could see in her eyes that she's about to cry.

"How is this not a bad thing" Daeyeol asks.

"Yeah, I'm dying. But think of it like a family reunion. As I get closer to death, the closer we will all get" she says with a tear trailing down her cheek, but she's still smiling. I look at Daeyeol.

"I think God did this to bring everyone together. It's fate, we can't change it" she says.

"Byeol...." Tanya says.

"Please... just please grant me my only wish before I die"

"What is it?" Hyewon asks.

"Please let me see everyone smile and get along. That's what I want to see. After that, I'll die happily" she laughs.

"This isn't the time to laugh" Daeyeol says. I walk towards Byeol and pull her into my arms.

"We'll do that for you. I promise. But for now, stop trying to act so tough. It's okay to cry. Just let it all out" I say. She hugs me back and starts to cry.

Melody POV

This is the first time the girls and I have ever seen Byeol cry before. I look over at Tanya unni and see her cry. Then I look at Hyewon and see her looking away. I know she's crying too. I look back at Chanyeol and Byeol and start to cry too.

"Why Byeol?" I cry and everyone looks at me.

"Just why her?? Byeol never did anything bad, so why kill her?!" I ask.

"Byeol is the nicest and most grateful person I know!" Hyewon shouts too.

"She doesn't deserve to die! Why does it have to be our beautiful Byeol?" Tanya unni joins in.

Byeol POV

I let go of Chanyeol and look at the girls cry and shout. Asking God why does it have to be me. I get out of the bed and run towards the 3 of them and hug them. I cry with them.

"Miahnae! Miahnae!" I cry over and over. But I really do think God is only doing this to bring all of us closer together.