Chapter 14

Sehun POV

"I-it's fine" Byeol says.

"I know it's not" I say.

"I'm fine. I cried enough for today"

"Oppa, if I needed to cry, then I would. It's not hard"

"Apparently it is since you aren't crying" I say and she pauses.

"Byeol, is Sehun right?"

"I....it's just that mom and dad are really tired. Trying to deal with their daughter having cancer. And then everyone here just found out and trying to cope with it. It's just not right" she says

Byeol POV

"What do you mean 'not right'?" Chanyeol oppa shouts.

"If I cried, then everyone else would cry too. I don't want to make anyone sad anymore" I say with my voice wavering. A few moments later, I just burst into tears.

"It's okay. Oppa's here" Chanyeol oppa says as he pulls me into his arms again.

"I'm sorry" I say.

"You can cry for as long as you want. Our attention is all on you from now on"

After awhile, I stop crying and look at everyone. The girls walk inside.

"Sorry for the depressing news guys. And that there was so much crying today" I try to laugh.

"No kidding" Chaeun smiles.

"I promise that everyday after today won't be so sad anymore" I say.

"Good. Because if we keep crying, then we can never complete your wish" Hyewon says.

"To let you see us all a big happy family before you die" Tanya says.

"It's a promise" Melody says.

"Oh and you don't have to worry about you crying too much. You can cry us a river and we won't be upset. Just cry. It's okay. Even if it's a lot of crying, everything will be okay" Hyewon says.

"Thanks guys" I say.

~Next day~

Melody POV

"Isn't Byeol getting discharged today, unni?" I ask Tanya who is sitting next to me in the park. We just finished dance practice. Hyewon went to go to the bathroom.

"Yeah, she is" Tanya unni says.

"That's good. Should we go visit her later today?" I ask.

"Probably best not to" Hyewon say sitting next to me.

"Wae?" I ask.

"Byeol's been through a lot right now. She should have some time to herself" Tanya says.

"But we're her friends. We should be there for her and be comforting her" I say.

"That's why she's going straight home. That's why Chanyeol is home" Hyewon says.

"Then, let's get out of the gloomy topic and let's switch to the boys topic!" I say.

"Who do you like now?" Hyewon asks, emphasizing the word 'now'. I admit it, I do like quite a few guys. Or I did...

"I didn't mean about guys I like, unless you wanna talk about that?" I ask.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Tanya says, obviusly not wanting to get into the subject of crushes.

"Exo" I say.

"What about them?"

"To be honest, why does the entire group have to be here? Isn't her brother enough? Not like I have anything against them, which I don't, but why?" I ask.

"Because it's exo. It may be a big group, but everyone is really close" Tanya says.

"Yeah, so if one member is upset, everyone is upset. They feel each other's gotong" Hyewon says. I look at her and tilt her head and she looks at me in question.

"What is gotong?" I ask. I am Korean, but I'm from the States so my Korean isn't as good as everyone else's.

"Gotong is.... uhh, how do you say it in english?" Tanya tries to explain, but fails to.

"Gotong means pain" Hyewon explains in english.

"Ohh, okay" I nod my head.

"You and you're amazing english" Tanya says.

Byeol suddenly comes to mind. I smile bitterly. I wonder what she's doing now.

Hyewon POV

"English isn't that hard though" I say.

"Sorry, I don't have that kind of brain" she says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You're too smart. I can't study english or I'll die" she says and Melody and I laugh a bit.

"That's not true" I say.

"It's okay, no need to sugar coat" she pretends to cry, making us laugh again.

I think about Byeol again. I hope she will be okay. Hopefully she doesn't die on us soon.

Tanya POV

I keep making the girls laugh on purpose. I don't want any of them to feel upset about Byeol. I needed to bring up the mood. But, will Byeol really be okay? She will right?

Of course! What am I thinking? Byeol is rock solid. She's one of the most strongest girls I know. She can handle anything, and hopefully her invincibility didn't wear off. 

I look up to the sky.

I will be soon looking up very often, once Byeol dies. No, maybe even sooner. Just to pray for Byeol's safety. To pray for a cure. To pray that Byeol will not die, and never die. Let her be immortal. I don't know what I will do without my little Byeol. She means the world to me, like the other girls. And I am sure that the other girls feel the same way. Byeol is the most sweetest girl anyone will ever meet, so why is she the one that has to die. You now, God can be really confusing sometimes. Confusing... and cruel at the same time.

Chaeun POV

"Welcome home, cousin" I say when Byeol walks through the door with Chanyeol.

"I've been gone for a night, but it still feels great to be home" she says.

"You must be tired" I say.

"I'm not" she says.

"Byeol, you know you can't lie to me" I say as I hold both her hands. Ever since we were little, I could tell when she was lying or not. I grew up with her so of course I would figure it out. But Byeol hardly ever lies. When she does, it's usually for a good cause. I still don't understand how God could be so ruthless.

-Admin Leader Miki-

Our maknae Makay and eldest Cristi are going on a short hiatus because of exams