Chapter 𝟸

I'm a fucking count, and these kids will not stop bothering me until they themselves have a way into the royal family

L'école du duke is a nice private school for rich kids, and there is quite a few royal children at this school. But I'm higher than most in the royal hierarchy. Which means there is a weight on my shoulders to bring this country to peace.

Our royal family does not have a king or queen-therefore no stuck up princes or prissy princesses-but we still have a hierarchy , of dukes and duchesses, barons and baronesses, and of course, counts and countesses. And many more.

And we are not all related, families were voted when the war ended. And depending on how many votes your family got- that's where you ended up in the royal "family."

But, I'm still 18 and therefore still in school. Still dealing with high school drama.

Lots of girls and guys have tried to get into my pants.

But all those girls and guys just wanted a way into the royal family.

And that's not the kind of relationship I want.

As a count, I have to be focused and on my best behaviour at all times. And I want someone who understands that. And the pressure that comes with being royal.

That's why I choose my friends. I don't become friends with someone who comes up to me, I choose by looking for someone who keeps their distance, but is still respectful.

Which is how I became friends with Charles.

We met in class, but first became friends at fencing class after he had whipped my ass.

And now he's dragging me to sit with his boyfriend and his friends.

Oh god, this is going to be the worse.

Great, more people who are impressed that I have a crown! And no, I don't actually wear it to school.

Kill me now.

"Hey Charles, maybe I'll skip out on lunch and go right away to my next class-" I start

"No way! You are not getting by off that easily, my little connard, ( asshole ) you are going to come sit with us and meet some new people, and your going enjoy yourself" Charles says while pushing me forward.

"Fine!"

"Okay, anyways, so you know my boyfriend, of course, William the english exchange student-you remember him?- of course you do. Then theirs my nasty little sister-"

"You guys are literally twins" I point out

"Ya, well I was born twelve minutes before her, anyways, you kinda know her. She is just very artistic and loves to paint and gossip. She is also never without best friend-"

"Great, there's two of them" I say sarcastically

"Anyways, before you interrupted me, her friend, her name is Vivienne. She's super sweet. And if your a dick to her I will beat you up. Actually, she might be able to beat you up herself."

My eyebrows perked up at that.

"She's a bit mysterious, and can be a bit shy. Rumour is that she has a black belt. But she's really really really smart. And if I was straight, I would totally try and jump her bones. And a little known fact about her is that she is supposed to become the duchess this February."

My eyebrows really perked up at that.

The duchess? She's really high up in hierarchy, higher than me. Well at least that means she won't try to get into my pants.

Suddenly this lunch doesn't sound so bad.

And now I kinda want to-kinda-meet this soon to be duchess.

But Charles is on a role and will be talking for the next five hours if I don't shut him up.

"Are you even listening to me Lee? Vivi is really genuine, she's a little quiet so she won't talk a lot, unless you get her talking about something she loves which is when shell start on a really long and annoying-"

" Charles, bro I love you kinda, but you really got to shut up, and tell me where they sit please,"

"KINDA?!? Whatever I hate you. But follow me, I'll lead us to them." He really his crazy

So I follow him, and he leads us to the back of the cafeteria, where three students are sitting. Two of them are having a very focused conversation, and the other one-a girl I think- is behind the screen of her laptop.

As we close in, I hear a bit of the conversation.

"Will, I'm an telling you, this guy would be great for Vivi-"

"And I'm telling you Em, that Vivi won't go through with it, that's not how she does life."

Are they talking about the laptop girl? Behind her back-while being in front of her-?

We are right in-front of them now, and we sit down in the chairs across front them.

I see William perk up and rush to Charles and give him a little peck.

Ok, fine I will admit, those two are kinda cute.

Than Charles' twin,-Émilie is her name I believe -starts introducing us.

"Vivienne, you know my brother-kinda-Charles-"

Than Charles interrupts

"Kinda? W.t.f? Vivi and I are besties, right Vivi?"

She smiles a little bit, and nods her head, but than Émilie feigns a broken heart, and Vivienne gives her a little pat on the head.

And then she speaks-and oh god- how the fuck does someone sound like their singing while talking?!?

"I am best friends with all of you equally, don't worry your little brains about it to much." She says, with a quiet but strong voice.

And I know she did not mean that she was best friends with me, but man do I wish she did.

What the fuck? What is wrong with me?

Oh my lord, pull yourself together Léon.