Chapter 𝟺

We are flying up North today for the meeting

We are flying up North today for the meeting. The royals, that is.

And I have no clue what to expect. I have never been at the councils table.

And for the first time in my life, I'm nervous.

I don't understand this feeling.

I'm sitting in the back of a Lamborghini as my chauffeur drives me to the airport, where the royal jet awaits.

And I can feel my fingers shaking. Their unstoppable.

Im sweating so much, I know I am going to need to change clothes, and probably shower before the first meeting.

But we have a three hour flight first.

As we pulled into the back of the airport- where the private jet is-I notice a Mercedes-Benz that's parked in my usual spot.

What the hell?!?

We pull up and park, the chauffeur opens the door for me and grabs my suitcases.

Yes, I have two suitcases, I need a lot of clothes- and you never know what to expect when it comes to the weather.

And so I walk up the the jet and towards the stairs that lead into the plane as my chauffeur puts my luggage into the cargo. Then he will drive away.

I walk up the  stairs and into the plane.

And I see who the Mercedes belongs to.

Vivienne Florent.

And she looks super cute.

Shes literally wearing just sweatpants and a graphic tee. And I have never seen anyone so attractive.

She's looking out the window with her head phones in.

And I am staring at her like a complete fool.

Get yourself together Lee.

I hear the electronic beep telling us to sit down and put our seatbelts on. So I do, right beside her.

And she finally notices me.

"Oh hey! I did not realize that you would be coming on this flight Léon." She sounds surprised

"Ditto, though I must say that I would not want to be stuck here with any other royal." I say truthfully

She blushes. It's adorable.

And then we both relax into silence. Not an awkward silence, just a sweet quietness.

Some would say la calme avant la tempête. ( calm before the storm )

After a while, she seems to notice that my hand are still shaking a bit.

She looks up to me and gives me a little smile.

"Nervous?" She asks

"Yes, a little bit" I reply

But I don't think I'm fooling her.

She picks one of my hands up into her hands.

"This does not look like a little bit."

"It's my first time at the table, and I have no clue what to do and what to expect,"

"I remember my first time too, I was so nervous I almost fainted, but really, it's nothing you can't prepare for."

"Oh really? And how would one prepare for an event such as this one?" I give her a little smile

"Well, I would say the best way is to do some research on the topic. And then, I would say it's always a good idea to have your own idea to solve the problem."

"Hmmm, thanks, I think I will start doing research now." I say as I start to pull out my laptop."

"of course, no problem at all."

It was actually really nice to be on the plane with Léon

We mostly sat in a comfortable silence.

But every once in a while someone would speak and then we would have a small conversation, or just continue talking using small talk. 

Right now I was just looking out the window listening to music.

"What is your idea?" He asks suddenly

"What?" What is he talking about?

"Your ideas for spreading the resources around the country evenly?" He clarifies

"Oh, I'm not one hundred percent sure yet. I think maybe something like starting food banks."

"That's a good place to start."

Then he went back to reading an article on his laptop.

And I went back to listening to my music.

Many people judge me for my choice of music, I will admit, it's a bit basic white girl.

I listen to a lot of pop, and artists like Olivia Rodrigo and Conan gray.

But than my taste gets a little wack to some people.

I listen to musical theatre songs. Like high school musical.

But it gets a bad reputation,   I totally recommend listening to and song from a musical.

It's really neat to see a group of performers band together to create some thing amazing.

They work together to create something new that works together while sounding amazing.

Speaking of new ideas and people working together, I think I have an idea to share our resources around.

Now I just have to make sure I get my idea across.

"Hey Léon, what do you think about making a proposition at your first meeting?"