chapter 𝟻

And so here I was

And so here I was.

Finally at the table, where I can finally make a difference.

If I don't get kicked out of course.

Vivienne's idea is a great one, I'm just afraid about the fact that we are both still young compared to the rest of the table.

The grand baron started speaking.

"Bonjour! Bienvenue au table des nobles."( hello, and welcome to the table of royals )
"Aujourdui, nous somme assembler pour discuter de la manière dont nous, en tant que pays, devrions disperser nos ressources uniformément."
( today, we are assembled to discuss how we as a country should dispense our resources evenly )

Then his wife, the baroness continued on.

"This meeting will consist of three main events, here and now, we will be discussing multiple ideas and how we could solve the problem. Tomorrow, we will be talking financially and how we put our plans in action. And finally, to follow the unchanging tradition, tonight the Danse de réunion. Tonight's ball will be the average ball, fancy gowns and suits, nice food, drinking and dancing all night long. Remember  we can't be holding a huge ball due to the fact that the autumn masquerade is coming up."

"Maintenant, commence cet réunion!"
( now, let the meeting begin. )

And so the meeting began.

At first it was mostly people talking to their Neighbours beside them.
Not one person had yet to address the entire council. Not yet.

I look up and see the only person I really know.

Vivienne Florent.

She's sitting across from me. She has both hands together on the circular table. Her head is a bit down. She seems like she's not even there.

And it seems that many members of the table would prefer it if she wasn't.

They are disrespectful towards her. One lady stands up to go get a drink, and knocks Viviennes chair as she walks by.

Vivi just let's it happen.

Another member, sitting beside her, spills his wine onto the paper in front of her.

The paper with all our plans and schematics for this idea of ours.

Than one member stands up. The Marquess.

"I would like to be the first member to fully address the council. I have spoken to a few fellow members here, and many of us have reached an agreement."

The grand baron nodded, giving permission to him to continue speaking.

"It has come to my attention that this is a bit of a waste of a meeting. How are we supposed to know what our civilians need?"