chapter 𝟼

I was still dealing with the fact of what had happened at that meeting

I knew I was going over a hard line when I spoke out, but I had to do something.

And now some of the royal members of the councils table hate me.

And I have to go dance with them. At a ball.

Dance.

Ew.

I have had to do ballroom dancing all my life, but I have never been able to get the hang of it.

Some would say I have two left feet.

Let's be honest, everyone would say that.

But here I was, getting ready to dance with people who don't even want to look at me.

Well, one of them does.

Léon.

But I'm not sure how I feel about him. I mean, it was really nice of him to do what he did for me at the table. But he only did that because the other ideas at that table were shit.

But, on the other hand, being close to me is going to elevate is status. And that will always be motivation for someone to be nice to me.

But some part of me wishes he did want to be close with me, just to me close to me. And not because of who I am.

A girl can dream.

A young servant girl is currently helping by me get ready for the ball.

She curled my hair and put little flowers into my my hair after she pulled the front pieces back.

Now time for the dress.

It's a natural pink with a corset top and quaint flowers along the top.

And I made sure it had sleeves, because it's mid September ,  and up North, it is pretty cold

I think I look fancy enough to be going to a royal ball.

I wonder what Léon looks like in a suit.

What no? Nooooooo I did not just think that.

Oh god, don't let me crush on this guy who will break my heart.