Chapter 10

Melvin

This is something that should've been done long ago. I was not keeping them apart or a secret. There was just never a good way to explain it to him. Hell, he still to this day don't know what our family does or how we've made our money. Neither of them do and it will stay that way. "Hey Daddy!" "Kimmie. How you doing?" "I'm good. Kass and Kori coming?" "Yeah, they should be here in a minute." "Daddy!" I felt arms go around my neck. "Hey baby girl." "Damn Kass, you act like we haven't seen him in years." "Hey Kori." "Hey dad." "Well sit down." The waitress took our drink orders before leaving me to look at my three daughters.

"How you been girls? How's the restaurant, Kim?" "Doing great. I'm actually about to open my third location." "You still owe me my Lasagna." "I got you, Kass." "What about you Kori?" "My practice is going good, I've got a new partner to take on some of the work." "That's good. I've been telling you to cut down on some of the patients. Kass, what about you? I haven't seen you in bout a year. On tour all over the world." "Well I'm finally on a break before hitting the road again." I gave her a look. "Don't worry. The tour doesn't start for another eight weeks." "And how much of that is for rehearsal?" "Daddy!!" "Just looking out for ya baby girl."

The waitress came back with the drinks before giving us a few more minutes.
"You expecting someone else?" Korina asked pointing at the empty seat. "Oh god, it's not a woman is it?" Kimmie asked. "Oh hell no." Kassandra said rolling her eyes. "Ladies, it's not a woman. Trust me the three of you are a handful as it is. But it's the reason I called you here. It's time you meet your brother." "I thought you said he didn't want anything to do with us?" Kassandra said. "I lied to cover up the truth. Now he a little stubborn like his mother but a good boy."

After thirty minutes I started to think he wouldn't show up. "What's up?" "Glad you made it." "Don't have long, need to get back to the office." "Well girls, this is your brother, Kenneth. Kenneth this is Kimberley, Korina and Kassandra." "It's nice to meet y'all." "I feel like I've seen you somewhere." "Where Kass?" Her eyes got big. "He owns one of the biggest black owned entertainment companies as well as a production and record company." "Damn, boy." "Plus a special relationship with two gorgeous women." She smirked. "So you and sleep never mix?" "I get a lot more now that my baby girl doesn't get up as often throughout the night." "Aww." "How old is she?" "Fifteen months going on five years." "Sounds like this one over here." Kimmie said pointing at Korina."What about y'all?" "I am a OB with my own practice in Atlanta." "Nice, a doctor." "I'm a choreographer. I'm actually just getting back in the states today." "That's great and I'll definitely keep that in mind." "I'm a chef with a restaurant called Luna's."
"Luna's in Houston? Wow, the ladies love eating there when we visit."
"Tell us about you. The great entertainment mogul."

Sitting here watching all my kids together in one place made me happy. Gave me joy in a world of lies. The sneaky, low down ways I had led to them being apart. Once Anitta left I felt low. Knowing that hurt possibly ran her into the arms of another sent me into a fit of rage at first, then to fuck it. I remember leaving the house to try to take what she took from me. I wanted to kill her.

~Flashback~

"You got some nerve showing your face." "What the fuck is wrong with you, Geneva? You showed up to my house and confronted my wife!" "Yes I did and told her everything! You have been lying to me for years, Melvin. But you know what, I was the dumb one for actually believing you. Telling me you loved me, We're separated Neva, I want you. To hell with you and your lies. I'm Done." I could hear Kassandra screaming and crying. "Get. Out." "Geneva, what about " She cut me off. "Goodbye, Melvin!" She held the door open. "And let's be clear, I'm letting you walk out. So whatever you thought you were gonna do. Forget all that shit, because you know who I really am and what I'm capable of."

~Flashback Over~

I can admit I was a lil boy trying to play a man's game. Hurting everybody else in the process. Did it stop me? Not until I messed with the wrong one. Let's just say, it's been about ten years since I've been allowed back in Florida, safely. After a much needed ass kicking and some cleaning up I started over from the bottom. Got my shit together, started a business and did some much needed growing up.

"Daddy?" "Pops?" "I'm good." I took another look at them. "I have made tons of mistakes but you four are proof I did something right in this life." I looked at my girls. "When I was with your mothers, I admit, I was just looking for sex. But I never regretted it because I got three of the most beautiful daughters ever. Do I regret the hurt and pain I have cause to all of you, yes. Keeping you from your brother was never something planned, it just happened. His mother and I divorced, I got caught up in some things so, he was raised by his grandmother. It maybe too late but you four deserve to know the truth and each other. I apologize to y'all for everything."

"Kenny, the day your mother left hurt me. But who was the cause, me. That lead to you going from just visiting your grandmother to living with her. I was a coward and cheater, but your Tío got me together. I apologize for never telling you about your sisters. As a man, I can I say I just didn't know how to address it to you so young. As the years went on, I figured it would just happen. Dumb, I know, but I'm learning. I hope one day all of you can forgive me."

After paying and walking the girls out. We made a plan to see each other tomorrow before they leave. "Later old man." "Kenny, hol up a minute." He stopped letting me catch up. "Look, I appreciate you for showing up. Even though we're not on the same page." "Thank you for allowing us to finally meet. I'll come by later with Pooh lil diva ass." "Leave my lil bear alone. Give her and her mothers what they want. It'll keep them happy."

SURPRISE!!!

Okay before y'all start with the pitchforks and torches let me just say I'm sorry. Recently I've had time with these snow storms to finally adjust and catch up on things. Not going to make this any longer. There maybe more updates coming sooner rather than later. If you haven't go check on my other book "For The Love of You". Leave me your thoughts in the comments. Suggestions. Vote, Share and Don't forget to add this book to your library to know when a new chapter is uploaded. Appreciate you guys.

-Domenic